The Mom Project Menlo Park, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
We are seeking a Production Supervisor on a contract basis to help support our Customer’s business needs. The ideal candidate is someone who has managed art installation projects and has experience in managing artists and supporting their production, as well as strong communication skills and the ability to navigate a fast-paced office environment and deliverables schedule. This role entails communication with architects, construction teams, artists, curators, and producers to support the development and production of Open Arts artwork commissions.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide administrative support including facilitating contracting and onboarding for individual artists
- Collect information for pre-production efforts of artwork, including online research, special equipment sourcing, and hosting artists site visits
- Prepare diagrams, photographs, and measurements of art installation sites.
- Communicate and conduct research related to artists’ development, fabrication, and preparation for large-scale installations; support and advise on sculptural art installations including determining hardware, creating digital mock-ups, and hands-on support
- Work with photography vendor to facilitate, process, and organize the documentation of all Open Arts installations, including internal file organization and photo delivery to artists
- Contribute to documentation of projects, including working with Content Manager to capture, deliver and/or post content on social media
- 5+ years of art production, art handling, and project management experience
- Experience managing and installing artists’ large-scale projects and installations including pre-production and production
- Experiencing managing production and installation of sculptural artwork
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage deadlines, adapt to changing priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term goals in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to physically assist with installation and occasional heavy lifting (~50 lbs. max)
- Ability to connect and socialize quickly
- Proficient with project management tools and social media platforms
- Ability to identifying a problem or gap and creating quick solutions
- Confident communication skills
- Excellent collaborator, proactive, also works well autonomously
BA in Art-related field preferred
Hours & Location:
M-F, 40 hours/week. Some travel (local Bay Area), weekend, and after-hours work required. This role will be remote while COVID restrictions are in place.The expectation is to be onsite at our Customer’s Menlo Park, California office once it is determined safe to do so.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefit Program
- Accrued PTO: Up to 15 days per 12 months on assignment
- New Child Benefit: Up to $4,000 for the birth or adoption of a child while on assignment (conditions apply)
The Mom Project
The Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.
AddressMenlo Park, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at The Mom Project