Company Industry: Technology
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for a Procurement Specialist
Commitment Level: 40 hours per week, on-site, contract through February 2022
Our Customer is an American business and financial software company that develops and sells financial, accounting, and tax preparation software and related services for small businesses, accountants, and individuals. They are laser-focused on their customers, live and breathe innovation, and champion those who dare to dream. Their Mission is powering prosperity around the world. They do it by attracting the world’s top talent, bringing vital partners into their global platform, and leaving the world a better place through exceptional corporate citizenship.
We are seeking a Procurement Specialist on a contract basis to support our client’s business needs.
What You’ll Do:
● Support GBS global organizational strategy development, execution & performance of supplier data
● Drive supplier management best practices to bear through external networking and benchmarking
● Translates global industry intelligence into actionable insights
● Cultivate & coordinate relationships with stakeholders; GBS leaders, BPO and our employees
● Collaborate across teams to leverage resources & knowledge to solve P2P problems & achieve results
● Assist with projects that require input, engagement, strategy or planning from a P2P perspective, i.e. implementation of ERP systems and tools
● Develop reporting to drive clear and consistent messaging to GBS management which includes:DPO, terms, discounts,1099 reporting/filing, DPO and other metrics.
● Proactively identify opportunities across GBS to drive efficiencies or effectiveness to ensure optimal use of resources and ROI. Analytics, Dashboards and Metrics
● Partner with teams globally across GBS to identify all business-critical data needs that will provide visibility to supplier operational metrics
● Partners with the PMP Team to develop reporting utilities, and “what if” analysis, and ad-hoc queries/requests
● Produce key analytics and insights that drive P2P’s global support model and platform
● Provide recommendations and support to automate key analytics or reporting to drive productivity
● Employ data mining techniques to identify opportunities for the business and GBS continuous improvement
● SME of Digital Procurement, Vendor Management, Controls & Compliance, and Procure-to-Pay and can identify innovative opportunities that will drive meaningful insights and add value to Intuit. Projects and Project Management
● Understand end-to-end data flows and play a primary role in driving continuous improvements developing and documents as-is process flows, business requirements, proposed solutions, redesigned processes and procedures
● Perform root cause analysis and proposes solutions to improve processes
● Support end-user solution delivery and validation in partnership with business analysts and data partners
● Establish and ensure data governance in partnership with technology teams
● Provide subject matter expertise, end-user support and data stewardship in finance data domain(s) for end-users
● 5+ years Supplier Management, Procurement or Accounts Payable
● Expert knowledge of all aspects of payables procedures and full-cycle accounting practices both in North America and Internationally preferred
● End-to-End knowledge of the Source-to-Pay process, and management of big data for supplier management
● Exceptional verbal and written communications, presentation and influencing skills, and ability to develop strong relationships with business stakeholders
● Exhibits high levels of judgment, innovation and creativity; effectively uses inquiry and advocacy to work through barriers
● Proactively works directly with business partners with moderate to minimal guidance from manager
● Has process improvement and development of best practices experience
● Experience with business process analysis and process improvement
● Highly organized, detail-oriented and able analyze complex and big data sets
● Experience developing and/or presenting business cases
● Excellent documentation and requirements analysis
● Availability to directly support and interact with multiple international business units
● Excellent computer skills: Excel, Visio, Word, Project, PowerPoint
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other quantitative discipline and have PMP Certification
Hours & Location:
Standard M-F, 40 hours/week. This position will be remote while Covid restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at Customer’s San Diego, CA location once it is deemed safe to do so
Now for the Perks!
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program.
The Mom ProjectThe Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.