Motion Graphics Designer
The Mom Project San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Customer is an American public multinational corporation based in San Francisco, California, that produces software for searching, monitoring, and analyzing machine-generated big data via a Web-style interface. The product captures, indexes and correlates real-time data in a searchable repository from which it can generate graphs, reports, alerts, dashboards and visualizations. They are a company filled with people who are passionate about their product and who want to deliver the best experience for their customers!
We are looking for a Motion Graphics Designer on a contract basis to support the customer’s ongoing business needs.
The Motion Graphics Designer will report into the Multimedia Principal and be accountable for the execution of assigned projects that align to key company priorities and initiatives. You will utilize strong conceptual design and animation skills that include visualization, typographic layouts, iconography and infographic design to create strong visual experiences. This role requires a high-level of collaboration with other designers and subject-matter experts across several groups in marketing, sales and other areas of the company to deliver highly engaging content.
You must have a solid knowledge of the latest suite of Adobe programs and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and attention to detail while executing motion design. You must love being a part of a creative team and are comfortable bouncing ideas off of other designers in order to produce the best possible work.
What you’ll do:
- Works with the Creative Director, Multimedia Principal and other video team members to create marketing assets that include event video opens, product and feature videos, brand campaign stories and social content.
- Responsible for the daily management, execution and delivery of motion graphics projects including the management of assigned projects while effectively translating business requirements into creative solutions.
- Knows how to storyboard ideas to generate understanding and buy-in with requestors before design work begins.
- Keeps ownership of multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and can comfortably shift quickly between various types of projects and tasks.
- Takes joint responsibility for ensuring that high standards of quality are met. Manages against timelines and delivers projects on-time.
- Communicates with partners regularly and set project expectations appropriately. Shares critical information with relevant parties in a timely manner.
- Advocates for continuous process improvement and comfortably solves problems creatively.
- Naturally navigates serge periods of workloads and surfaces any blockers to help ensure delivery.
- You are a passionate, results oriented person who wants to make a difference. You will have 5+years of experience in an agency/studio environment and/or corporate setting.
- Shown experience handling a high volume of tasks concurrently. Supports broader team and naturally has a “how can I help” attitude.
- Validated problem solver with experienced knowledge of creative workflows.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to present concepts eloquently.
- Self-motivated, flexible and process driven with the ability to adapt to rapid change in a dynamic and deadline-driven environment.
- Comfortable with problem solving while maintaining calm under pressure. Has strict personal standards for highly organized project files, assets and final render files.
- Proficient in MSOffice suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proficient in G Suite: Docs, Sheets, Slides.
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Advanced experience with After Effects (rotoscoping, keying, motion tracking, color correcting, etc.) as well as 3rd party plugins and scripts.
- Experience working with 3D assets and animation a plus.
•Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in Motion Graphics, Graphic Design or similar discipline.
Hours & Location:
M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be remote while COVID restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at our Customer’s San Francisco, CA location once it is deemed safe to do so.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program.
The Mom Project
The Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at The Mom Project