Company Industry: Technology
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for a Legal Policy Copyright Agent (language fluency in Japanese, Korean, or Arabic preferred)
Commitment Level: 40 hours per week, on-site, contract through August 2021
Our Customer is a microblogging and social networking service based in San Francisco, CA with 35 offices around the world. They serve the public conversation and they do so vigorously because they believe that conversation is a force for good in the world. Their teams are passionate about the opportunity to help the world connect, debate, learn, and solve problems. They strongly believe in free expression and think every voice has the power to impact the world! They innovate, experiment, and are always looking for new ways to be better.
We are seeking a Legal Policy Copyright Agent on a contract basis to join our Customer’s Trust & Safety (T&S) department. You will work to safeguard the user’s voice in balance with manageable risk through policy enforcement that promotes trust for our Customer. Areas of focus include privacy and intellectual property rights, government and law enforcement requests, advertising policies, and safety advocacy.
As a Legal Policy Copyright Agent, you are at the forefront of these challenging issues, expertly managing policy enforcement, advocating for user safety, and maintaining trust globally. At its core, your job will be to review a high volume of online content. You will process DMCA removal requests (allegations of copyright infringement), field incoming complaints using internal tools, and analyze data to decide upon the appropriate resolution. You may also be required to handle other legal removal requests from start to finish, including document intake, processing, and follow-up. A proactive attitude and exceptional attention to detail is absolutely essential, as is the ability to be both firm and fair.
We're a passionate team of intensely motivated, detail-oriented folks, seeking the same to join us!
Of critical importance is an analytical mind, the ability to balance out both sides of the complaint, and the confidence to decide upon the right path for resolution. Legal training is not a prerequisite for this position, however a background in IP, Copyright, or Trademark would be advantageous.
The Legal Policy Copyright agent will also serve on an on-call rotation working closely with other members of Trust & Safety to provide timely responses to emergency requests from all over the world.
What You’ll Do:
• Review issues via the ticket system.
• Use online resources to research issues in full.
• Process removal requests efficiently and accurately.
• Review individual account statuses and make recommendations under policy.
• Provide clear, patient, and helpful responses to time-sensitive safety and legal requests.
• Handle internal copyright queries and escalations in an efficient manner.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with Legal, Product, Communications, and other Trust & Safety teams to improve user experience with policy-related issues.
• Professional experience with copyright and online intellectual property issues.
• Previous experience with customer support and ticketing systems.
• Excellent verbal and oral communication skills with the ability to translate complex issues into simple, clear language.
• Ability to manage time and prioritize work effectively.
• You have experience with high volume legal document intake and processing, including DMCA notices.
• You are at ease with providing clear and concise responses to time-sensitive requests.
• You are flexible and can adjust accordingly to ensure team efficiency and deliverables are met.
• You are detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize tasks in a dynamic work environment even when they are sometimes monotonous.
• You are able to spot anomalies or unusual patterns in requests you handle
• You can deliver consistent high-quality work.
Nice to Haves:
• Knowledge of the technology sector and relevant policy issues affecting online and offline communities like safety, abuse, and intellectual property use.
• Complete fluency in English and a second language (strong preference for Japanese, Korean, Arabic).
Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Hours & Location:
40 hours/week and will require weekend coverage (Saturday or Sunday). This position will be remote while COVID restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at our Customer’s San Francisco, CA location once it is deemed safe to do so.
Now for the Perks!
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program
The Mom ProjectThe Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.