Intuit Again: Full-Stack Developer
The Mom Project Mountain View, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Company Industry: Technology
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for an Intuit Again: Full-Stack Developer
Commitment Level: 40 hours per week, 75% remote, on-site, contract through August 2021
The Mom Project is thrilled to partner with “Intuit Again”, a returnship program at Intuit for professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off from their careers for caregiving. During this returnship you’ll receive 16 weeks of paid employment doing work you love for one of the world’s most innovative companies. You’ll have the chance to update your skills, add new work experience to your resume, and make professional connections.
After completing the 16 weeks of the returnship program, there will be the potential opportunity for a full time offer. The program is open to anyone who has at least five (5) years of professional experience and has been out of the full-time paid workforce for at least eighteen months (18) to focus on caregiving. If you meet these criteria and your skills match our needs, we welcome you to apply.
In this role, you can help engineer solutions that empower millions of businesses/customers worldwide. Your role is to work in small agile scrum teams to deliver awesome products that not only delight customers, but that are highly scalable and reliable. Using your detailed understanding of technologies and applying your intellectual curiosity you will help design, develop, and improve the features that help our customers run their businesses easily every day.
- Understand application and service architectures and design solutions to improve the build and release cycles
- Communicate with users, other technical leaders, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and contribute to architectural technical designs
- Implement designs and provide technical leadership and expertise to junior engineers during the development phase
- Troubleshoot issues that develop in an application
- Propose and evaluate changes to the deployment architecture to improve performance, scalability, and/or manageability
- Solve complex problems and provide clear and concise recommendations
- Evaluating and identifying appropriate technical solutions
- Participate in the agile feature/product design process working with cross-functional teams including: Product Management, Experience Design, and Operations
- Collaborate with other engineers to share best practices and knowledge of emerging technologies
- Engage with customers to get a first-hand understanding of their needs
- Design and rapidly prototype proposed solutions
- Participate and lead peer code reviews
- At least five (5) years of professional experience
- Been out of the paid full-time workforce for at least eighteen months (18) to focus on caregiving.
- 5+ years Java/J2EE development experience
- BS/MS in Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Web Development experience (HTML, CSS, Java Script)
- Experience with any of the following ReactJS, Redux, AngularJS, NodeJS, Backbone, etc.
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST or SOAP
- Object oriented design and development experience
- Ability to read and analyze existing code
- Strong written, verbal, and collaboration skills
- Self starter with strong work ethic with a passion for problem-solving
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
The Mom Project
The Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.
AddressMountain View, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at The Mom Project