IT Project Manager (Will Require Relo to Fremont, CA Post Covid) - Remote
The Mom Project Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
We are seeking a Project Manager on a contract basis to work closely with our clients' network and software engineers, key Infrastructure business stakeholders, and end-users to devise technical software solutions for business problems.
**This role will be remote while COVID restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at our Customer’s Fremont, CA office once it is determined safe to do so."*
What you'll do:
- Elicit detailed business requirements by engaging the business to capture clear functional design artifacts using techniques like use cases, data diagrams, and process flow diagrams.
- Work with cross-functional project teams of the network, software engineers, and end-users to deliver a tool that meets the program objectives and key results.
- Collaborate with different individuals across ENS to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but also dig in and get the job done.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and balance business needs vs technical constraints.
- Conduct regular meetings with MSPs and Vendors to discuss feedback in process, tools, or execution.
- Develop effective communication plans to keep the stakeholders, management, and leaders on the same page regarding progress.
- Training, documentation, and release management.
- Act as the POC for ENS and NWI to ensure requirements are captured for inclusion on the Locations roadmap.
- Agree on impact, benefits, measures of success, and target milestone dates.
- Conduct regular meetings with ENS, NWI, IBOS & EE to discuss feedback in process, tools, or execution.
- 6+ years experience working within highly technical environments, with responsibilities in project management, software, or network engineering.
- 4+ years experience in program or product management and development: building scalable multi-tenant platforms, driving tooling initiatives, and translating strategic initiatives into software product roadmaps.
- Software delivery experience building large wide-scaled solutions, using re-iterative/agile type software delivery methodologies.
- Cross-functional leadership skills: the ability to influence stakeholders and engineers.
- Experience understanding operational requirements and translating needs into software product implementation plans.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills with a clear focus under pressure.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technology and participate in technical design discussions.
- Background in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Network Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with Network-centric product management and development.
- Previous software and/or network production engineering experience.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience.
- Strong program management skills and experience
- Experience working as a software engineer OR working directly with software engineering teams
- Must be able to get “hands-on” and work with xFN teams to document requirements and roadmaps, take part in design sessions, work closely with engineering teams to drive execution as per roadmap deliverables.
Hours & Location:
M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be remote while COVID restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at our Customer’s Fremont, CA office once it is determined safe to do so."
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefit Program
- Accrued PTO: Up to 15 days per 12 months on assignment
- New Child Benefit: Up to $4,000 for the birth or adoption of a child while on assignment (conditions apply)
The Mom Project
The Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.
TechnologyView all jobs at The Mom Project