Company Industry: Retail
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for an HR Manager
Commitment Level: 40 hours per week, 99% remote, 25% travel
The Mom Project is excited to partner with our client, a growing beauty franchise!
**The salary range for this role is $65,000-$75,000 and will commensurate with experience.
There is also a bonus structure on top of the base salary**
The Manager of Human Resources will help to build our client's business by overseeing and supporting the daily activities involving employee hiring, retention, and development of employees and executing tasks associated with employee relations. This role will be responsible for assisting in all areas of human resources including day-to-day interactions with all levels of the Company while supporting the Executive Team in achieving the company’s objectives. This role includes policy and procedure implementation, dedicated service to the success of the Company and employees, and assistance with the organization’s current PEO (Professional Employment Organization) that facilitates payroll and benefits administration. This is a leadership role that requires someone who is exceptionally organized, motivated, and demonstrates excellent accounting skills as we exploit opportunities to grow the business and drive results with their people.
General Summary of Duties:
• Leads company efforts in employee hiring, retention and development through tight communication and direction from the Executive Team.
• Serves as a liaison with current PEO to provide information on employee status changes, new hires, termination and payroll or benefit changes in a timely manner.
• Participates in annual Open Enrollment process as directed by CFO.
• Develops job descriptions, employee onboarding materials and training materials as directed by the Executive Team.
• Supports Company Management in day-to-day employee relations as required and directed by the Executive Team.
• Establishes company goals around employee engagement, turnover development and strategic planning and develops a monthly reporting system around these goals with plans to achieve results.
• Demonstrates strong communication skills based upon confidence, assertiveness, and respect that fosters strong relationships within the organization.
• Acts with a sense of urgency and desire to proactively solve problems as they arise in order to get results.
• Drives the establishment of employee performance goals and provides on-going feedback, coaching, and development to enhance the team's performance and capability, to facilitate open communication, and to encourage continuous performance improvement.
• Identifies individual and team skill gaps, developmental areas, and opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, projects, etc.) to advance individual and team capability.
Minimum Education and Experience:
• 2+ years of experience in Human Resources.
• Good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, email, basic internet usage.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully work with wide degree of creativity, latitude and autonomy.
• Demonstrated respectful, constructive and energetic leadership style.
• Ability to use good judgment in dealing with proprietary and confidential matters.
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills. Must be detail-oriented.
• Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
• Ability to work on prioritize and work on multiple projects and tasks efficiently with little direct guidance, while maintaining focus on details required for individual assignments.
• Strong persuasion, negotiation, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills; including strong interpersonal/internal customer service skills.
• Ability to handle a high volume of work, rapidly adapt to changing environment and possess strong work ethics.
• High degree of productivity and skill in testing, troubleshooting, and problem-solving.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the organization, particularly with peers, franchisees, and members of senior management team.
• Ability to accept responsibility for assigned tasks and complete them on schedule.
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse workforce.
• Ability to communicate information efficiently and succinctly.
• Prior supervisory or leadership experience in a Human Resources role is highly preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Management or Human Resources or related field preferred or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• PHR or SHRM certification is highly desirable.
This position would be remote but physically sitting in the San Antonio market.
Estimated 25% or less travel between company locations, including any company-owned locations inside or outside the State of Colorado and Texas. Additionally, there may be periodic company or vendor meetings off-site
The Mom ProjectThe Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.