Global Telephony System Specialist
The Mom Project Beaverton, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Customer’s mission is to create groundbreaking sport innovations, by making their products more sustainable, building a creative and diverse global team, and making a positive impact in communities where we live and work. Their purpose is to bring inspiration and innovation to unite the world through sport to create a healthy planet, active communities, and an equal playing field for all.
We are looking for a Global Telephony System Specialist on a contract basis. The Ideal Candidate will partner with the Global Retail Technology Operations & Support core teams as well as key resolver teams.
What you'll do:
- Provide Tier I and II levels of break/fix support for the enterprise on client’s telephony systems (Indicate telephony system - Cisco, Verizon, Avaya, Nortel, Vonage, etc.)
- Will perform system analysis and troubleshoot the root cause of landline and occasionally Voice-over-IP and device connections. Root cause analysis can and frequently requires ITS 2 to determine if additional resources are required from telecom engineering, vendors, or additional field technician support; May guide and direct the technicians in the troubleshooting process
- Provides Install/Move/Add/Change (I/M/A/C) Support Services – Process ongoing M/A/C’s through carrier specifications and notifications, Remedy ticket requests, trouble tickets, work orders
- Work with clients and client’s stakeholder teams supporting project/bulk relocations as well as individual moves
- Plan, provide and ensure continuous voice connectivity in the enterprise including Coordinates with users to determine requirements. Makes decisions on recommendations for programs and projects development and implementation. Working independently and with teams to capture business and system requirements and implement voice programs. Administer and maintain asset management records and other databases to generate telecommunication detail reports
- Directly supports department goals and objectives for all groups in the enterprise. Goals are related to facility telephony cutover due dates; project team startups and new/existing facility move.
- Determining the class of service requirements (what type of options are available to the user: dial-9 outside access, long-distance access, etc.) for a given user.
- Working with managers, project planners, outside contractors, and client telecommunications technicians to determine telephony footprint for a given individual or group.
- Ensuring that allocated telephony provides the appropriate amount of numbers and services for a given move or group and coordinating with Telecomm engineering and/or project planner when these allocations are not met.
- Providing recommendations for additional capacity based on the availability of numbers and/or services dependent on pre-established infrastructure deployment.
- 6+ years experience in voice network design and implementation.
- Broad knowledge in telephony systems and specifically (indicate what telephony system is being used); Voice mail systems knowledge and experience as well
- Broad knowledge of the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) and telecommunications carriers' operations, processes, and procedures.
- Knowledge of voice trunking, such as CO/DID, ISDN PRI, SIP; and OPS/FEX services.
- Knowledge of traffic engineering, call volume forecasting, and the ability to ensure that trucking capacity is sized for reliable and cost-effective service.
- Must demonstrate experience working with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and (indicate telephony system being used) and products
- Demonstrate knowledge of technical design including, message/transaction standards, organization of physical addresses, classes of service, system parameters, trunking, feature codes, capabilities of station equipment types, key layout tables, and voice mail configuration requirements to develop and describe, optimize design and code to ensure performance levels, and perform formal and informal design reviews
- Must have and demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to clients business needs, facilitate the presentation of recommendations, and negotiate and resolve conflict with others
- Voice Operations is a 7 x 24 operation and off-hours support may be required; must be available and accessible (i.e. cell phone, etc.) during off-hours at times
- Demonstrate the ability to take initiative and accountability for results
- Must be proficient in Microsoft suite of products (i.e., Exchange, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, etc.) and Clients collaboration tools (i.e., Slack, MS Teams, Box, Confluence, etc.)
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Hours & Location:
M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be remote while COVID restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at our Customer’s Beaverton, OR office once it is deemed safe to do so.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program
The Mom Project
The Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.
TechnologyView all jobs at The Mom Project