Company Industry: Retail
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for a Freelance Editorial Lifestyle/Consumer Writer for Leading Retail Company REMOTE
Commitment Level: 10 hours per week, 100% remote, contract through January 2021
Are you a storytelling expert? Do you get excited to experiment and find new ways to use your digital clout and writing expertise to influence and drive meaningful impact to your readers, fans and followers? Do you have experience in writing lifestyle, consumer and/or family focused articles? Keep Reading…
Our client is a retailer that is obsessed with bringing their customers something new and special every day. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites from top brands, including clothing, home decor, accessories, toys and gifts. They offer customers something new to discover each morning at unbeatable deals. They are fast-paced, innovative and metric-driven. They are a team that is passionate about strategic storytelling, delighting our customers and creating fans for life.
They are seeking influential storytellers to create relevant content for their core customers, heads of households, millions of Moms, that live on-site and off-site.
This is a 100% remote/part-time role. Due to the nature of this project, this is a multi-step application process. Please read the job description in entirety!
PLEASE READ: After applying via The Mom Project, you will receive an email with a follow-up questionnaire that must be completed to be considered for this project.
Process: Apply on The Mom Project, Complete questionnaire that is emailed, Complete one phone interview, If selected start early October
Candidates will have demonstrated effectiveness achieving KPIs (key performance indicators) such as traffic/click goals. An understanding of audience building/engagement tactics in digital media and/or content marketing a plus.
What you’ll do:
• Conduct brand onboarding to understand and incorporate brand personality and style guide
• Pitch article topics relevant to retailer’s customers aligned to defined areas of interest
• Edit and proof assets for adherence to brand guidelines including voice, style and accessibility, as applicable
• Leverage a strong personal digital presence to amplify content with the ultimate goal of driving traffic to the retailer’s new blog
• Leverage SEO best practices in writing
• Incorporate feedback into work
• Follow code of conduct
• Write blog posts on deadline that are compelling, shareable and relevant – and support the retailer’s marketing goals
• Be familiar with data-driven reporting and writing from a strongly consumer lens
• Have a strong sense of pop culture and issues/news that affect families
• In social media, must adhere to FTC guidelines and attribution
• Familiarity with acting as spokesperson or having conducted interviews about subject matter expertise/editorial content, a plus
Writers will be paid on a per word, per blog post model, and incentivized via cost-per-click/traffic goals – exact rates will be shared in the interview process.
• 5-7 years of experience in a journalism, content marketing or editor role
• Strength and extensive background in consumer/lifestyle writing
• Experience with audience building, audience engagement and SEO
• Strong understanding of working with business/marketing partners to tell stories that inspire action
• Demonstrated success and track record of writing clean copy on deadline
• Self-starter with ability to work independently, but also as part of a team
• Ability to have high judgement
• Purposeful communicator with superior communications skills written and verbal
• Experience working in branded/sponsored content, retail or a consumer lifestyle brand preferred
• Strong digital presence on social networks (5,000+ followers) and/or blog with sizeable following (50K+ UVM)
• Understanding of branded social media platforms, content strategy, SEO and traffic goals
• Please submit application on The Mom Project
• Complete questionnaire that is emailed
The Mom ProjectThe Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.