Company Industry: Technology
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for an Engineering Program Specialist
Commitment Level: 40 hours per week, 90% remote, on-site, contract through November 2021
Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Our customer’s AR/VR packaging team is looking an Engineering Program Specialist who has
experience supporting large cross-functional teams to deliver consumer packaging at
scale. The AR/VR Packaging team is focused on delivering product packaging for all AR/VR
products. We focus on packaging that is sustainable, design-focused and enhances the customer experience. The products we work on help connect the world closer together and we contribute one box at a time. You’ll be a critical member of the packaging team, removing barriers to your team’s success, managing packaging skus and BOMs, supporting program budget tracking, requesting build allocations, purchase order requests, and prototype shipment management. Ideal team members thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a can-do
attitude, can juggle tasks across multiple programs, and remain flexible & productive in
What You Do:
• Work closely with engineering to compile and manage packaging BOM (bill of
materials) for all program skus
• Be the main interface to the PLM team to ensure accurate release of all BOMs
• Support financial budgeting and tracking processes
• Create Purchase Requisitions and maintain Purchase Order invoice
• Manage material shipments and logistics in collaboration with both Facebook &
contract manufacturing team
• Request program allocations
• Work on multiple projects concurrently
• Manage CM SOW inputs across all programs
• Build consensus between multiple teams to drive process improvements for the
engineering, PLM, and EPS teams.
• 2+ years experience as an Engineering Program Specialist in consumer
electronics or packaging industry
• Experience in packaging or hardware development, working with contract
manufacturers in Asia
• Ability to manage complex spreadsheets, accounting tools, and coordinate
across different teams, vendors and time zones
Nice to Haves:
• 5+ years experience as an Engineering Program Specialist in consumer
electronics or packaging industry
Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
Hours & Location:
M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be remote while Covid restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at their HQ location of Menlo Park, CA location once it is deemed safe to do so.
Now for the Perks!
• Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program)
• Accrued PTO: Up to 15 days per 12 months on assignment
• New Child Benefit: Up to $4,000 for the birth or adoption of a child while on assignment (conditions apply)
The Mom ProjectThe Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.