Editorial & Operations Manager
The Mom Project Burlingame, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
We are seeking an Editorial & Operations Manager on a contract basis. The ideal candidate will be an expert on content initiatives that drive user engagement with a proven track record of creative copywriting for content campaigns. A strong background in digital apps, games, media or entertainment with strong operational and copywriting skills is required. We’re looking for someone with system-level proficiency who can roll up their sleeves when required. Candidates should have the proven ability to work quickly under pressure and collaboratively with cross-functional and global partners.
What You’ll Do:
- Write creative copy for editorial initiatives and campaigns to drive goals
- Ensure copy is both entertaining and tactical to aid in app discovery and engagement
- Own promotional operations and execute existing plans in programming tools
- Publish emails, notifications, and other promotional materials for the platform in accordance with the platform programming strategy
- Maintain and update records in our content database, project management tools, and resource wiki
- Support constant iteration and improvement of our content presentation, packaging, and editorial discovery
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining close attention to detail and meeting shifting deadlines
- Ensure inventory is available for key moments (events, sales, announcements, etc)
- Execute on commerce initiatives and operate on promotional sales requirements
- 3+ years or equivalent professional experience in digital publishing, editorial, or content curation/operations
- Proven work experience writing strategic content for a global audience with a campaign-based and insights-led approach
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and facilitating communication in a fast-paced setting with multiple partners, requests, and shifting priorities
- Experience managing content management systems and troubleshooting issues
- Obsessive attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Experience crafting engaging copy about consumer technology and immersive entertainment
- Organized and highly motivated with effective interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of video games and gaming technology with a passion for defining the future of VR
- Strong command of the English language.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field.
Hours & Location:
M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be remote while Covid restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at the Burlingame, CA location once it is deemed safe to do so.
Now for the Perks!
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefit Program
The Mom Project
The Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.
BusinessView all jobs at The Mom Project