Customer Service Specialist
The Mom Project South San Francisco, CA
- Posted: 27 days ago
- $29 Hourly
For more than 40 years, our Customer has been following science and seeking solutions to unmet medical needs. They are a biotechnology corporation that makes medicines to treat patients with serious medical conditions. Their goal is to use the power of genetic engineering and advanced technologies to make medicines that address unmet medical needs, and help millions of people worldwide.
We are seeking a Customer Service Specialist on a contract basis to help with our Customer’s business needs.
The Customer Service Specialist role is dedicated to providing the highest quality of customer support by offering full-time phone coverage, managing numerous daily activities, and participating in internal and external departmental projects.
The role of Customer Service is critical to the daily operation of the organization. It is imperative that Customer Service employees are dependable, discreet, discerning, and flexible.
What You’ll Do:
Provide a high level of customer service:
· Act in accordance with company policy
· Provide full-time phone coverage (shift to be determined by management)
· Suggest new programs and or projects to promote customer service
· Determine appropriate action to take to resolve customer issues
· Determine when it is appropriate to escalate customer issues to management
· Work with Finance, Product Distribution and Customers to resolve disputes
· Act as a customer advocate in investigating and responding to complaints while suggesting necessary process improvements to avoid recurrence
· Stay informed of current industry practices/trends
· Participate in the development and maintenance of department defined quality standards and measures
· Maintain effective and timely communication with team members as well as the supervisor regarding departmental issues
· Support corporate values
· Remain flexible to ever-changing customer needs and requirements
· Process customer orders accurately
· Review inventory to determine appropriate customer order commitment.
· Maintain follow-up on customer order issues.
· Interact with key customer purchasing personnel to advise of order status
· Ensure adherence to appropriate laws, regulations, and programs
Administer customer return process:
· Act as a liaison between customer, third-party provider, and GNE to facilitate customer returns.
· Ensure accurate posting of credits and debits in accordance to policy
· Ensure timely turnaround of customer authorizations
Support GNE Sales initiatives:
· Participating in the product launch process to ensure a positive outcome
· Administer special programs
Work as part of an effective team:
· Support team decisions
· Respect diversity
· Being flexible with assigned schedule
· Have the ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
· Ability to work through conflicting, delayed or ambiguous information
· Actively Participate in various team initiatives; Lean Daily Management, etc.
- 2 or more years related work experience, i.e., customer service, administration-preferably gained within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related industry
- Must demonstrate knowledge of data entry and good basic computer skills, e.g., proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
- Previous database/computer systems experience, particularly in a high-volume, customer service/call center environment is strongly preferred
- ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems experience, particularly SAP, is preferred
- Technical expertise and Microsoft Excel experience preferred, comfortable with both informal and formal UAT (user acceptance testing) strongly preferred
- Strong analytical and business mathematics skills required.
- Good time management, organizational skills including both good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability, comfort & commitment to operate in a highly regulated environment and industry that requires a fundamental understanding of adherence to company policies, procedures and relevant internal or external laws and regulations
- Positive proactive attitude, strategic agility and a mindset of continuous improvement
- Must have the ability to operate in a multitasking environment and within strict timelines.
- Must be action-oriented with a high degree of initiative and leadership.
- Must be resourceful with excellent organization and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to effectively exercise judgment and discretion with confidential and sensitive information
BA/BS or 3 years call center/customer service experience is preferred
Hours & Location
M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be remote while COVID restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at our Customer’s San Francisco, CA location once it is deemed safe to do so.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program.
The Mom Project
The Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.
AddressSouth San Francisco, CA
BusinessView all jobs at The Mom Project