The Mom Project Menlo Park, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $117 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
We are seeking a Copywriter on a contract basis to help support our Customer’s business needs. who has a passion for crafting thoughtful narratives that bring openness, authenticity, and a human feel to the bleeding edge AI innovations we’ll be bringing to market. You’ll work with the creative director and producer, design, marketing, and communications teams, product designers, researchers, and engineers; and as a seasoned copywriter, you’ll be part of our client-embedded team, elevating one of the world's most well-known tech brand’s advancements in AI, playing an essential part in the crafting and execution of content across a broad array of projects and mediums.
What You’ll Do:
- Concept and write inspiring ideas across all mediums, i.e. film, social media, events, print, pitches/presentations, etc.
- Take a technical product concept and build a compelling insight-led narrative with the empowerment, protection, and connection of the user at heart.
- Communicate compelling stories and translate complex context in concise, clear ways to both technical audiences (tech elite, researchers, academics) and to non-technical audiences.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (marketing, technical and UX researchers, creative, comms), contributing to the strategic development of the brand voice.
- Partner with product teams to help them identify the most compelling aspects of their products, up-leveling their technical innovations, and offer strategic guidance on how best to distill their stories to resonate with stakeholders.
- Develop storyboard templates, script outlines, and guidelines, so others can benefit from your storytelling expertise, to scale your impact across the organization.
- Review and critique presentations, consult and direct where needed.
- Work autonomously — strong time management (including proactive task prioritization and goal-setting) is a must.
- Craft original and inspiring work.
- 6+ years of relevant experience working in a digital company, agency, or studio concepting and writing copy for global brands.
- Experience crafting copy that elevates the human benefits of technology, simplifying and up-leveling complex topics, and formulating compelling narratives that resonate with target audiences.
- A history with branding/advertising campaigns, being able to ladder things up to the company mission, through relatable narratives and dialog.
- A fast-paced and nimble self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience creating short and long-form content across a broad variety of mediums (film, social media, events, print, web, etc.)
- Experience partnering with design, marketing, and communications teams to deliver scaled programs with strategic copywriting.
- A keen eye for detail.
- A passion for storytelling and strategy in a technical space, experienced in developing campaigns that can extend and enrich audience understanding.
- Demonstrated experience actioning feedback and iterating with speed.
- BA/BS degree or higher (i.e. in writing, journalism, communications, or similar).
Hours & Location:
- M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be remote while Covid restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be at Menlo Park, CA location once it is deemed safe to do so
- Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefit Program
- Accrued PTO: Up to 15 days per 12 months on assignment
- New Child Benefit: Up to $4,000 for the birth or adoption of a child while on assignment (conditions apply)
The Mom Project
The Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.
AddressMenlo Park, CA
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at The Mom Project