Company Industry: Technology
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for a Contracts Specialist
Commitment Level: 40 hours per week, on-site, contract through February 2021
Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
We are seeking a Contracts Specialist on a contract basis to help support their Academic Relations Team. In this role you will support the AR/VR Academic Relations Manager.
What You’ll Do:
● Support the academic relations team by completing transactions with Universities
● Transactions include membership agreements, program support agreements, amendments, subscription agreements, equipment loan agreements, SOWs under existing master agreements and similar agreements
● Talk to research teams about their needs, corresponding with Universities, researching programs available at a given University, researching whether Customer has an existing agreement and seeking input from cross-functional teams (legal, policy and comms)
● Complete transactions, ensure a smooth handoff to staff for signature routing, filing and payment
● Engage in frequent verbal and written communications with internal and University contracting teams
● Work collaboratively, efficiently, and effectively with both internal clients and Universities
● 4+ years of contract drafting and negotiation experience in industry or academics, including licensing and services
● Knowledge and experience with academic contracts and contractual language
● Highly motivated and able to think clearly under pressure
● Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills
● Ability to balance legal/contractual issues with business risk
● Disciplined, organized, and flexible
● Adept in working with various tools including MS Office
● Able to prioritize, be highly productive and manage high volumes
Education: BA/BS degree
Hours & Location:
M-F, 40 hours/week. This position will be remote while COVID restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at our Customer’s Redmond, WA location once it is deemed safe to do so.
Now for the Perks!
● Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program)
● Accrued PTO: Up to 15 days per 12 months on assignment
● New Child Benefit: Up to $4,000 for the birth or adoption of a child while on assignment (conditions apply)
The Mom ProjectThe Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.