Company Industry: Technology
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for a Community Partnerships Marketing Communications Manager
Commitment: 40 hours per week, on-site, contract through November 2020
Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
We're looking for an experienced marketer passionate about online communities to work with our Customer’s community partnerships team. Over 1 billion people use their groups every month to build communities and meaningful connections with others around the things they care about. From groups for people who share a love of dogs, to groups for new parents seeking tips, to groups for people suffering from a rare illness, these groups are examples of thriving, supportive communities. The people who administer these groups are the lifeblood and leaders of the communities, and our Customer’s Community Partnerships team is helping a number of them foster their communities and achieve their missions through one-to-one relationships and custom programs.
The ideal candidate for this role will be passionate about the way our Customer can help community leaders drive real-world outcomes using our products and programs. They will be responsible for developing custom messaging and marketing to the community leader audience while supporting a holistic community narrative.
This person will be an expert at clearly communicating how and why our Customer’s products, tools and programs such as Groups can provide meaningful value to community leaders. She or he will work cross-functionally to create product messaging, program positioning, collateral and various other forms of marketing content that uniquely connects with and supports the needs of community leaders online and offline.
The person who fills this role will leverage proven communication skills, an eye for visually powerful communication, and the ability to work across a broad range of topics. The role will also work with regional partnership teams to adapt strategies and communication that make sense in-market.
Excellent marketing, communications, writing, collaboration and cross-functional coordination are critical to success.
What you'll do:
• Develop and execute world-class partner marketing strategies and materials to support product and program launches, updates and education that drive adoption and optimization of our Customer’s community products and programs
• Understand the needs and motivations of Community Leaders and Social/Global Impact Influencers and Organizations
• Become an expert in our Customer’s products that support Community Leaders and Social Impact Organizations
• Be able to deliver on a clear vision to show meaningful value of our Customer’s products & programs to the community leadership ecosystem
• Create compelling, integrated marketing content (e.g. narrative, messaging, presentations, collateral, videos, pitch decks) that maintains a cohesive global narrative
• Work directly with the Community Partnerships and Product Marketing teams to drive product and program awareness, adoption, engagement and partner satisfaction at a global and regional level
• Partner closely with cross-functional teams, including Partnerships, Marketing, Policy, PR/Comms, Legal, Product, Design, and more.
What you have:
• 3-5 years professional experience in Marketing Communications or Product Marketing in technology and social media space
• Proven impact writing marketing copy for partner marketing, websites, newsletters, case studies and other marketing communications including channel marketing campaigns
• Experience with a broad range of B2B and B2C outbound marketing channels and tactics, including product GTM, community management and CRM
• Demonstrated capacity to communicate complex, large-scale concepts clearly and simply
• Experience communicating to a variety of audiences, particularly community leaders, influencers and nonprofits
• Experience working in a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment
• Cross-functional, project management, and experience partnering with Product, Comms & Partnership teams
• Analytical skills and background, with ability to use data to power marketing decision-making
• Experience managing stakeholder relationships and influencing decisions across teams
• Experience working in matrix and global cross-functional organizations across time zones and languages
What will really knock our socks off:
• Experience marketing social purpose-driven and community-driven products and programs to diverse, global audiences
• Passionate about helping communities and community leaders at scale
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
BA/BS degree required
Hours & Location:
M-F, 40 hours/week. This position is located onsite at our Customer’s amazing Menlo Park HQ campus. There is no remote capability for this role.
Now for the Perks!
• Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program)
• Accrued PTO: Up to 15 days per 12 months on assignment
• New Child Benefit: Up to $4,000 for the birth or adoption of a child while on assignment (conditions apply)