Company Industry: Real Estate
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for a Community Association Manager
Commitment: 40 hours per week, on-site, 20% remote, contract through June 2020
The Mom Project is thrilled to partner with a historic community management association in the Northern Virginia/ Greater Washington D.C. area. They are excited to add a Community Association Manager to their small team.
This role is a temp to perm opportunity offering a 40 hour/week flexible work schedule and 1 day/week remote once the right candidate has been fully on-boarded. The salary range for this role is $30-32/hour based on experience.
This role is responsible for the management and support of community associations, including, but not limited to: daily operations, support of the Board of Directors members/homeowners/vendors, neighborhood meeting attendance, budget preparation and overall community business management.
- Ability to create a flexible schedule
- Opportunity to work remotely 1 day/week after on-boarding completed
- Supportive and fun community
- Small office environment
- Opportunity to continue into larger scale responsibilities based on performance.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Highly organize and experienced project manager.
- Customer-focused mentality and able to understand the needs of the community.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Strong attention to details
- Able to seamlessly multitask.
- Passion & excitement for architecture is a plus!
Below are the seven major focus areas of the role. It is not required that you have experience in all of the below categories, but the willingness to learn and lead will be important to your success in the role.
- Maintain the operation in a positive, effective forward path and going the extra step to assist the client.
- Provide a high level of customer service – timely answering of phone calls, responding to emails and other correspondence.
- Document and maintain internal records
Event Planning & Communication
- Excited by the ability to organize and plan local community events.
- Drive social media engagement through their channels (Facebook & Instagram) to engage the community and local vendors in the area.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task throughout various event needs.
- Responsible for: coordinating communications amongst Board members particularly when conducted via email; summarize results.
Association Policy Review:
- You will have the opportunity to play a meaningful role in reviewing and implementing varous community policies such as, common area rules, amenity operations
Communications, advertising, etc.
Maintenance of Common Areas:
- The manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of maintenance and works closely with the relevant service providers to ensure all common areas are safe and well maintained.
Contract & Budget Management:
- Ensure contracts for services are appropriate and perform according to specifications
- Complete special projects on time and within budget
- Educate lead decision-makers ahead of time of forecasted budget overruns and provide recommendations/solutions as needed.
- Implement effective preventative maintenance schedule
- Oversee expense forecasting and future budgeting
- Develop/update contract specifications to assist in bidding out contracted services.
- Communicate any deficiencies of services to the contractor and resolution
- Ongoing vendor research
- A successful manager must understand that he or she has a moral obligation to uphold the association’s governing documents which have higher authority than any board of directors.
- Possess a strong understanding of the association’s financial position and maintain the monthly association budget.
- Manage accounts payable
- Convey adaptability, flexibility and accountability
- Ensure that the board seeks insight from qualified professionals to drive decision making in accounting, legal and architectural respects.
- Present a monthly manager’s report
The ideal candidate e manager can provide resolutions based on defining different approaches to energy conservation-based on the specific needs of the community.