Company Industry: Technology
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for a Business Systems Analyst, Enterprise Applications
Commitment Level: 40 hours per week, on-site, contract through December 2020
Our Customer is one of the leading global interconnection platforms and the world’s largest data center provider. They connect the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the world's most connected data centers in 52 markets across five continents. Their mission is to protect, connect and power the digital economy.
We are seeking a Business Systems Analyst, Enterprise Applications on a contract basis support their business needs. The successful candidate for this role will be wearing multiple hats such as Business System Analysis and Quality Assurance Testing.
In this role you will conduct requirements workshops with Global Business stakeholders to identify and model business processes, and translate them into application requirements that are actionable for developers.
What You’ll Do:
● Make recommendations and proposals for implementation of business process and customer experience
● Help define and prioritize enhancements roadmap for our in-house customer applications by working in collaboration with cross-functional groups including Global Network Operations, Global IBX Operations, Service Desk teams etc.
● Collaborate with Global Business stakeholders on requirements, review globally approved BRD (Business Requirements Document) and translate them into a Functional Design Document (FDD)
● Responsible for writing the Function Design Document (FDD), socialize it with business stakeholders, organize meetings to perform walkthrough of FDD with the business and work with GPO team to get it globally approved
● Socialize the FDD with Development Team and help them understand the requirements in detail and bridge any gaps
● Hold meetings with offshore development teams on a daily basis to explain the requirements and perform FDD walkthrough and answer any open questions
● Collaborate with Development team to fix bugs and test them
● Perform walkthrough with the Business on test-cases and educate them on performing UAT.
● Collaborate with the business on User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and drive it to closure
● Work with Development Team on identifying the deployment schedule and communicate the same with the business stakeholders
● Accountable for application release certification ensuring highest quality and customer experience
● Accountable for end-to-end functional & solution design for various custom modules for our in-house platform
● Monitor support tickets queue and provide L1, L2, L3 support and troubleshoot complex application issues during US Time zone
● Work with the development and business team to fine-grain requirements and create test plans and test cases
● Perform both black-box and white-box testing
● Design test-cases and lead the QA team to perform testing on all the enhancements
● Well-versed with Test Plan preparation, Test Case preparation, Test Execution and consolidating test results
● Re-test any bugs fixed by Development team as part of the release process
● Provide quality certification for all our Releases
● Represent the QA team in cross-functional meetings
● Use HP-ALM tool to manage test cases, test results, and defects
● Deliver Defect reports to upper management for upcoming releases
● Participate in QA team initiatives to define and improve processes
● Must have 5+ years of experience working on Business Systems Analysis for Enterprise applications either custom or out-of-the-box, performing requirements elicitation, writing functional specifications, converting business ideas into application requirements, performing testing and collaborating with the business end-users on enhancements roadmap, UAT testing etc.
● 2+ years of QA experience in writing test-cases, test-plans, build defect reports, and perform white-box and black-box testing. 2+ years of working experience with HP-ALM or similar defect tracking tool
● Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle), PL/SQL, DB Links, and Views etc.
● Siebel & Remedy experience is a big plus!
● Technical aptitude and proficiency in productivity software, as well as visual information management tools (MS Office, Visio etc.)
● Strong Experience in Jira
● Experience Creating user stories
● Knowledge and understanding of industry tools and techniques to elicit, prioritize, organize, document, model, and analyze requirements
● Knowledge of software development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall etc.) and compliance/regulatory standards
● Analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to investigate, assess, and recommend solutions to moderately complex situations.
● Excellent listening, verbal and written communications skills with the ability to present information to a variety of audiences
● Negotiation skills with the ability to influence others through sharing information and gaining commitment
● Experience building wireframes, swim-lane diagrams, documenting screenshots for developers to visualize the end-product
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent with 8+ years of experience working in an agile environment with managing business requirements
Hours & Location:
M-F, 40 hours/week. Willing to work on weekends or during off-hours when necessary and attend team meetings in Singapore and India time-zone (Twice a week minimum). Work will be done from home until offices can safely re-open, at which time this role may be asked to come onsite. The expectation is to be onsite at Sunnyvale, CA location once it is deemed safe to do so.
Now for the Perks!
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program.
The Mom ProjectThe Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.