Business Development Manager
The Mom Project Fort Worth, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Mom Project is excited to partner with our client, a top distributor of industrial automation products, electronic components, and electromechanical products.
Our client's global footprint and world-class logistics allow us to give customers the products they need, when they need them.
We pride ourselves on the great working environment that our client created, where our client's employees can make a difference in the lives of our customers, they can move fast, experiment, when needed, can operate with autonomy, and where everyone is focused on doing the right thing for the customer.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for qualifying and developing incremental business from customers that have expressed an interest in our client or one of our suppliers and may have already made a purchase from the digital platforms. The BDM will be able to communicate the value propositions to the different buying personas that address customer-specific challenges in relation to their existing supplier strategies. The BDM sells company products and services via telephone, internet, e-mail, and fax, to these designated customers. The BDM will work in conjunction with sales personnel and sales management to increase customer penetration and sales opportunities. The BDM will work to successfully transfer customers with ongoing growth potential to the key account managers in the sales offices. Success is measured by meeting defined sales objectives and performing all duties with a high ethical standard and exceeding all customer requirements.
- Qualifies new and existing customers and proactively builds rapport with qualified customers to position as the ‘First Choice’ for the suppliers on the line card.
- Establishes and manages customers in the system to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Actively works with customers to transition their business to the appropriate sales office and the key account managers. Assures a smooth and seamless transition so that the customer stays active and continues to purchase from our client.
- Maintains active dialogue with customers, applies suggestive selling and pursues sales possibilities beyond customer-initiated requests.
- Actively markets products and services by direct phone contact, email.
- Provides price and delivery quotes for customers by using sales systems.
- Processes the customer’s order by entering it into the sales database for quote processing and delivery schedules. Requires eye for detail, proofreading for accuracy, and maintaining quality expectations.
- Achieves specified profit margins in account base. Obtains approval for exceptions.
- Effectively delivers the sales message using the virtual tools available to the organization.
- Researches and expedites customer orders, monitors and ensures delivery date.
- Provides samples, product line cards, and sales literature to customers..
- Utilizes CRM to its full functionality for managing all customer requests/activities.
- Expands product knowledge by utilizing all resources including product literature, factory representatives, product managers, and other sales representatives to be able to discuss product options with customers and sell the value proposition.
- Participates in the Total Quality process by following defined policies and procedures to maintain an efficient sales cycle, following logical and systematic approaches, while the goal is to reduce sales errors and uphold quality to the highest level.
- Increases active account base by compiling, qualifying and calling on leads.
- Increases customer account base by contacting inactive customers to pursue relationships and potential sales opportunities.
- Participates in ongoing training sessions to improve on product, application, and system knowledge.
- Delivering Results - Maintaining a high level of commitment to personally getting things done.
- Customer Service - Recognizing and understanding customers' needs and delivering in a manner that exceeds customers' expectations.
- Relationship Management - Developing and maintaining positive relationships with individuals outside their workgroup.
- Persuading to Buy - Convincing others to buy products from using the persona needs training.
- Negotiation - Identifying the needs and motives of both parties involved and working toward mutually beneficial agreements.
- Quality Focus - Promoting and maintaining high standards of quality at work.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - Effectively working and collaborating with others toward a common goal.
- Planning and Organizing - Effectively organizing and planning work according to organizational needs by defining objectives and anticipating needs and priorities.
- Interpersonal Communication - Communicating clearly and effectively with people inside and outside of the organization.
- Resilience - Effectively dealing with work-related problems, pressure, and stress in a professional and positive manner.
- Functional Acumen - Having the skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to be effective in the specific functional content of a job.
- Integrity - Upholding a high standard of fairness and ethics in everyday words and actions.
- Ability to develop an exceptional knowledge of company products and services.
- Demonstrates persuasiveness, tenacity, and strong selling skills.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excellent presentation skills.
- Exhibits strong analytical, problem-solving, and negotiation skills.
- Must be organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to calculate discounts, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence proficiently and professionally.
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and make responsible decisions.
- Possesses working knowledge of company policies, procedures, and computer systems.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel and Word) at a basic level is required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred
- 2+ years sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High School Diploma or GED is the minimum education requirement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent and prohibit unlawful discrimination against any qualified employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military/veteran status, disability and/or medical condition, genetic information, or any other unlawful classification to the extent protected by law. This policy of nondiscrimination applies to all employment practices, including hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, training, and termination. Employees who engage in unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
The Mom Project
The Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.
AddressFort Worth, TX
BusinessView all jobs at The Mom Project