Company Industry: Accounting
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for an Assurance Manager
Commitment Level: 40 hours per week, on-site, 50% remote
The Mom Project is thrilled to partner to with a boutique financial planning and public accounting firm located in downtown Chicago! They are seeking an experience Audit Quality Control Manager to join their team!
This role will allow for 50% remote work and the salary range is $130,000-150,000 based on experience. Return-to-work candidates are welcomed!
The office is located on Michigan Ave and the river, close to many public transportation options, Millennium Station and parking is available onsite.
The Candidate’s primary scope of responsibility includes the review of financial statements and inspection of audit workpapers to ensure compliance with all relevant professional and regulatory standards and Firm policies, procedures and practices. The Candidate will need to interact with others across all levels of the Firm and on occasion with clients and must have the ability to manage multiple projects. The Candidate will report to the Director of Quality Control. This individual will be involved in the following responsibilities/functions and should possess the following qualifications:
· Assist in development and maintenance of the Firm’s Accounting and Auditing professional practice policies and standards
· Perform pre-issuance technical review of financial statements
· Perform post-issuance review of attest work papers and communicate results to Quality Control department management and engagement personnel
· Apply GAAP, GAAS, and GAGAS procedures consistently within complex situations and write technical consultation memoranda on GAAP, GAAS, and GAGAS issues
· Develop firm templates to assist engagement teams in implementing new GAAP, GAAS, and GAGAS standards
· Assist in monitoring compliance with the Firm’s quality control system
· Assist with the implementation of new accounting and audit standards
· Serve as a technical resource to partners, managers and staff
· Proactively participate in engagement team planning and team discussion meetings when deemed appropriate by Quality Assurance department leadership
· Identify areas that need or could benefit from improvement and develop practice aids, tools and methodology to affect change
· Maintain technical skills by studying trends and developments in quality management, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
· Assist in developing firm continuing professional education program materials and lead training sessions.
· Mentor staff in areas requiring quality related improvement and otherwise contribute to their professional development.
· Present internally and/or externally at continuing professional development seminars (live and/or webcast)
· Participate in firm triennial peer and other regulatory inspections that may arise
· Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Accounting
· Active CPA
· 10+ years of Public Accounting experience, 1-2 years in the Quality Control function strongly preferred
· Extensive knowledge/experience of the following: U.S. GAAP, GAAS, GAGAS, and Single Audit and Uniform Guidance and not-for-profit industry
· Employee benefit plan industry experience (ERISA)
· Ability to work in a paperless environment
· Excellent interpersonal skills and strong work ethic
· Proficiency in presenting to large groups
· Excellent communication and computer skills, including strong knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
· Knowledge of ProSystems fx Engagement and/or Advanceflow
· Ability to work collegiality with client service teams
· Creative and thoughtful problem solving skills
· Researching complex accounting and auditing issues in Checkpoint
· Yellow Book, Single Audit, NFP, and employee benefit plans, PPC
- 18 PTO days, 2 floating holidays and 8 set holidays a year
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- 50% remote work week
- Supportive culture and dedicated team