Company Industry: Travel & Leisure
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for an Accountant
Commitment Level: 40 hours per week, on-site, 60% remote, contract through September 2021
Founded in 2008, our Customer represents a global travel community that offers magical end-to-end trips, including where you stay, what you do and the people you meet. They exist to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Their website and app uniquely leverage technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs.
We are seeking an Accountant on a contract basis develop, implement and/or maintain one or more accounting systems: Journal entries, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Revenue Reconciliation, etc. Reviews and interpret financial reporting requirements, rules and regulations.
What You’ll Do:
● Balances books and prepare profit and loss, cash flow, income and balance sheet statements
● Monitor and develop monthly reports of revenues and expenditures for projects
● Provide record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions
● May prepare federal, state and local reports and tax returns
● May assist in the setup of processes and procedures that properly capture, track and report revenue, including deferred revenue, in accordance with the company revenue recognition policy
● Generate revenue reports for internal and/or external use
● Interpret reports and records for managers/stakeholders
● Review, track and maintain billing information in the financial systems, ensuring accuracy and compliance with U.S. GAAP and other accounting regulations
● Assist with Sales and Marketing accruals
● Assist with reconciliation for S&M along with various balance sheet accounts
● Assist with flux analysis
● Assist with preparation of disclosures
● Assist with SAS 100 requests
● Assist with 2020FY audit
● 5 years of experience
● CPA designation, a big plus!
● Experience in operational accounting
● Experience in a public company
● Audit experience
● Experience posting transactions, performing reconciliation
● Willing to learn and quick to pick up
● Experience using Workday
● Strong command of Excel is a must (advanced formulas, vlookups, pivot tables, if-and formulas)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
Hours & Location:
Standard M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be remote while Covid restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at San Francisco, CA location once it is deemed safe to do so.
Now for the Perks!
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefit Program
The Mom ProjectThe Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.