Finance and Operations Manager - Virtual/Remote
The Modern Classrooms Project Honolulu, HI
- Expired: 20 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Role Type: Full-Time
Location: Flexible (DC area slightly preferred)
Salary: $60,000-$70,000 plus benefits
Who we are:
The Modern Classrooms Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that empowers educators to meet every student’s needs through blended, self-paced, mastery-based instruction. Founded by two award winning teachers, we lead a movement of educators in implementing a research-backed instructional model that leverages technology to improve educator effectiveness and learner understanding. We have reached over 25,000 educators in 120+ countries with our innovative online programs, and continue to expand rapidly. We are an ambitious, idealistic team led by former classroom teachers and we are passionate about what we do.
We seek a responsible, committed, and highly detail-oriented professional to take charge of both the executive support and important finance functions required to keep our organization running smoothly. The hire will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and work closely with the CEO as well.
Who we are looking for:
Prior experience managing finances and/or operations is preferred but not required. Above all, we seek someone who is:
- Highly reliable, organized, attentive to detail, and thorough.
- Willing to learn new processes and systems.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in both writing and speaking.
- Comfortable using technology and working remotely.
- Able to work independently and think on their feet.
- Passionate about making the world a better place, particularly through education.
Employer-sponsored health insurance, Participation in Vanguard 403(b) deferred compensation plan, Paid time off, Ability to work remotely and to set own hours (within reason)
These characteristics describe and define the culture of the Modern Classrooms Project:
- Seek solutions. We are looking for individuals who are curious and solution oriented. None of us have all of the answers, but we look forward to working with others who want to make impact and find the best next solution.
- Take pride in our work. Details matter, and as an organization who serves incredibly hard working educators, we pay attention to them. We look forward to working with people who also take pride in what they do.
- Look for ways to contribute. We are a small organization, and as such, there are lots of ways to be involved and learn. We love working with people who want to pitch in across teams and connect the dots to help provide the best product possible.
- Celebrate diversity. We believe in the impact that diversity of thought, experience, and perspective can bring to our team and look forward to learning from everyone we meet.
- Respect each other and those we serve. We believe each person we meet has something to offer us, and we want to honor that even as we all grow together.
- Manage & execute on Accounts Receivable transactions: maintenance of customer files and records, prepare and disseminate contracts and invoices, accurately record invoices and subsequent payments, track payment status, and organize subsidiary documentation for monthly reconciliations.
- Manage & execute on Accounts Payable transactions: maintain vendor files and records, capture and route invoices, secure authorized approvals for payment and account coding, accurately record invoices, and process for payment.
- Work with MCP’s external accountant to perform regular bookkeeping tasks using QuickBooks online: reconcile bank and credit card accounts monthly, prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements, and assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit.
- Manage executives’ calendars and coordinate meetings.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for executives and senior-level staff.
- Prepare executive responses to routine memos, letters, or correspondence.
- Format information for internal and external communications.
- Develop filing and retrieval systems for important documents.
- Take minutes during board and other executive meetings.
- When necessary, act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners.
- Proofread documents before they are shared publicly.
- Prepare, print, and send hard copies of documents.
Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
The Modern Classrooms Project
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at The Modern Classrooms Project