- $90,000 to $120,000 Yearly
About Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams:
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams is a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility and education. Since our start in 1989, we've created a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
Location: Greenwich, CT
Position Type: Sales, Retail, Design, Store Manager
The General Manager will be responsible for all aspects of leading a successful retail business. This includes, but is not limited to, overseeing efforts to meet and exceed sales plans, recruiting efforts, inventory control, media planning/buying, facility management, and maintaining visual requirements. A primary focus for the General Manager will be leading, coaching and counseling all members of the store staff and leading the store team with an entrepreneurial mindset to meet/exceed sales plans.
- Inspire, motivate and encourage teamwork
- Provide leadership, focus and direction for sales staff
- Create a positive work environment through coaching, mentoring, and ensuring all personnel policies are followed
- Initiate any disciplinary action deemed necessary and maintain proper documentation
- Ensure best practices are being applied and successful metrics are achieved
- Recruit, interview and train new hires
- Maintain operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
- Plan and lead staff meetings
- Plan local media schedule by developing relationships with brand appropriate publications, negotiating best rates and maximizing exposure within budgets
- Delegate tasks to sales staff and ensure completion by following up regularly
- Supervise accuracy of time sheets, making adjustments where necessary
- Supervise physical inventory, cycle counts and receiving purchase orders
- Oversee customer service issues, offering advice and options to keep the customer happy
- Maintain store appearance and product presentation to company's standards
- Maintain rewarding relationships with vendors and ensure contractual obligations are met/achieved
- Guide team and implement sales strategies
- Share extensive knowledge of MG+BW collections with clients as well as staff
- Provide support to store management and associates during peak periods or when scheduling conflicts arise.
- Sell merchandise alongside sales staff and provide in-home design services for clientele
- Shop competition and keep up to date on competitive issues
- Utilize company reports to react to trends and drive business
- Responsible for analyzing sales data and composing a weekly recap to Director of Stores on sales performance
Ideal candidates will be operationally savvy, detail-oriented, and possess prior home furnishings experience, with expertise in offering superior levels of customer service. Candidates should have flexibility to work varying shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays and occasional 6-day work weeks
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Retail management experience
- Strong problem-solving, leadership and multitasking abilities
- The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations
- Excellent customer service, organizational, public speaking, and written/verbal communication skills
- Well groomed, customer friendly, energetic, and highly organized
- Proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing, email and internet software
- Ability to provide 24/7 on-call support for alarms and emergencies
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs
- Sales experience with luxury brands, preferred
- Background in home furnishings sales, preferred
- Interior design background, preferred
- Experience with Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams product a plus
- Knowledge of Storis POS system a plus
- Knowledge of room planning software a plus
Compensations and Benefits:
We offer a wide range of career opportunities with excellent benefits. Above all, we're looking for passionate, talented, hard-working, nice people with great taste to help us build this brand we love.
- Competitive salary + performance incentives - Total Compensation: $90,000 - $120,000; inclusive of commission
- Participation in company health (medical, dental, vision) insurance plans. Supplemental insurance offered
- Promote work/life balance including paid time off and paid holidays
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Mitchell Gold CoGreenwich, CT
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.