The Missouri Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church Columbia, MO
- Posted: over a month ago
- $42,000 to $47,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental
The Communication Specialist works within the communications work area of the United Methodist Church in Missouri. This position works with multiple departments to help tell the story of ministry through media. This is a hybrid account coordinator/designer position with design and video work expected as well as coordination with external contractors for design and production needs. Strong emphasis will be on writing and storytelling skills and an understanding of new media.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist with the daily social media postings (e.g., Facebook, Instagram) under the direction of the Sr. Communications specialist and in alignment with the marketing and communications calendar including writing and scheduling social media posts across platforms and minor web and print design for projects and events (e.g., Facebook banners, sponsored ads, etc.).
· Email marketing target list management, composition, editing, testing, and deployment.
· Assist with content generation and management of digital publications and vehicles including main site (www.moumethodist.org) and multiple sub-brand websites.
· Upload and publish monthly magazine articles to online magazine archive.
· Production of podcast episodes include audio editing using Adobe Audition.
· Evaluate communication strategies using communication evaluation template following Conference events.
· Direct and oversee content and other creative developed by outside agencies for graphic design, video production, sound design. Write briefs for agency partners as needed.
· Public relations writing to be utilized across multiple media (print, social, podcasts, press releases, etc.).
· Basic experience working in editing for lo-fi video needs (iMovie, Final Cut Pro) for promotional materials, video messages, etc.
Qualifications and Necessary Skills
· Preferred but not required bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Printing Technologies, Communications, related degree or job-related experience.
· Excellent public relations and communication skills.
· Self-starter mindset and attention to detail.
· Preferred experience in audio and video content creation and post-production experience.
· Ability to teach others about communication and marketing tools
· Desire to support and grow the United Methodist Church and a basic understanding of UMC polity and governance.
· Competency in PC, Mac and other platforms and software including Microsoft Office suite, ProPresenter Worship software, iMovie, Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Audition and Premiere.
· This position requires creativity, flexibility, a diverse skill set and collaboration with internal and external groups. There is a high degree of social interaction required and expected.
Compensation and Benefits
· $42,000-47,000 depending on level of experience.
· 403(b) with matching, paid health insurance with no waiting period and paid time off.
· Commitment to Missouri Annual Conference’s vision and mission: The Missouri Conference will relentlessly lead our churches to become outwardly focused and spiritually centered Christ followers. All Missouri Conference staff are expected to be committed to growth in their own personal discipleship.
· Commitment to a culturally diverse expression related to communication. This person needs to have an awareness of how to incorporate different cultures into the communication expression.
· Maintain a collaborative working spirit with all employees and internal centers and offices.
· Full-time, non-exempt. Some weekend responsibilities are required. Comp time or overtime may be a part of compensation for work over 40 hours.
· This position, while based in Columbia, Missouri and includes office space within the Conference Center, is remote-friendly (employee should plan to live in Missouri). Opportunities related to remote work will be discussed during interviews.
· Travel throughout Missouri involved. Travel expenses will be reimbursed per the Conference reimbursement policy outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· This position is subject to a one-month evaluation and assessment regarding qualifications, readiness and enthusiasm for the position.
The Missouri Annual Conference of the United Methodist ChurchWhy Work Here?
This position, while based in Columbia, Missouri, is remote-friendly.
The United Methodist Church in Missouri is made up of over 700 local churches, approximately 1,000 retired and active clergy and more than 65,000 weekly worshippers. Learn more about the United Methodist Church in Missouri at www.moumethodist.org.
3601 Amron Ct. Columbia MO 65202Columbia, MO
BusinessView all jobs at The Missouri Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church