Do you wish to take your housekeeping skills and put them to work to further the growth of an awesome Company? This position will operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be a fantastic next step in your career.
At The Minte, we believe our customers select The Minte because of our caring and attentive Housekeepers who are focused on providing efficient services and meaningful experiences.
The Minte Housekeepers are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of clients’ apartments assigned to them. Previous cleaning experience, as well as the ability to communicate to our customers are required.
The Minte associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. In each property The Minte Housekeepers clean and use our exclusive tips and tricks for leaving residences magically clean! Whether it's a career opportunity, a job enrichment or a supportive work environment; if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you!
ABOUT THE MINTE
The Minte is a venture backed, Chicago-based Company which provides cleaning and housekeeping services to over 150 luxury apartment and condo buildings in Chicago, Baltimore and Washington D.C. (www.theminte.com)
We are a full-service Company who takes care of our clients every step of the way. We offer so much more than a clean space. Our in-depth training program gives our Housekeepers the confidence to provide superior services. As a result, our Team Members build strong relationships with new and repeat customers. While we are in business of cleaning, it's our client and employee relationship that we really take to heart. Our customers deserve nothing but the best service!
Here at The Minte, we know that our dedicated Housekeepers are essential to what we do and strive to give them the respect and support they deserve. We believe in putting family first and respecting the time of our employees, therefore, our staff is able to enjoy weekends and holidays off. We make great effort to offer competitive wages, benefits, opportunity for advancement, supportive teams, and a fun work environment.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Dependable - more reliable than spontaneous
Flexible - enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
Detail-oriented - would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
High stress tolerance - thrives in a high-pressure environment
Discreet- understands the importance of maintaining discretion
Enthusiast- preserving high energy level
• Sets up cleaning cart with supplies, constantly maintaining carts and storerooms in a clean and orderly fashion to enhance efficiency and ease of cleaning apartments.
• Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in apartments, often use stools to clean hard to reach areas, in order to maintain a clean, presentable and attractive apartments at all times.
• Washes shower walls and tub, cleans toilet(s) and stall walls if applicable, wipes exposed pipes, cleans mirrors, sink(s) and walls in order to have clean and sanitary restrooms.
• Washes all hard floor areas (linoleum, tile, etc.) by hand to remove dirt and soiled areas.
• Dusts and polishes all furniture, fixtures and wall hangings including using a duster to reach vents and ceiling corners to remove dust and cobwebs.
• Strips bed of all linen and remakes with fresh, checking bedspread, blankets and bed pads for cleanliness, replacing if soiled. Lifts mattresses to check for soil between mattresses and under bed.
• Checks closet for cleanliness and wipes closet door.
• Vacuums rooms, operating vacuums, and lifting/moving furniture in order to vacuum entire
area of carpet including underneath furniture and hard to reach areas.
• Secures and maintains custody of equipment, keys and supplies at all times in order to
protect and preserve The Minte property.
• Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
• Must have at least 2-4 years’ related experience in housekeeping/cleaning.
• Great attention to detail and a thorough knowledge of household cleaning and maintenance processes, tools and best practices.
• In-depth knowledge of proper household cleaning, care, maintenance and upkeep.
• Very high standard of cleanliness
• Extremely detail oriented
• Works with a sense of urgency without compromising results
• Versatile professional with a high standard of integrity
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Able to take direction and work effectively within a team
• Exhibits a professional, positive demeanor and possess the utmost discretion at all time.
• Ability to maneuver fully loaded maid cart through hallways and into/out of apartments
during entire work day.
• Compassionate personality with excellent customer service skills.
• Complete knowledge on operations of all cleaning equipment and material, including
vacuum cleaners, push carts and normal cleaning chemicals.
• Ability to lift 20+ lb. and climb stairs throughout shift.
• Dependable and reliable
• Represent The Minte in a professional manner internally, with industry peers and clients.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• High School Diploma required
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language and follow verbal/written instructions
Be legally authorized to work in U.S.
- W2 employment
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Paid training program
- Health insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Referral Bonus
- Performance Bonus
• Work between the hours of 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday
• no nights, no weekends, no holidays
• $15-$17 hourly rate
The Minte provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Minte complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
Please take The Minte Culture Index Survey before applying for housekeeping position.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour