The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying and developing strategic business relationships with Wealth Management Firms, Financial Products Firms and other potential customers. This position will take the lead in development of new revenue opportunities that support The Miller Group’s overall growth strategy. This position will work closely with marketing, sales, and services teams to achieve established sales goals and implement business initiative that maximize and grow The Miller Groups footprint and generate bottom line growth for the organization. This position will also be responsible for processing and following up on quotes.
- Develop new business opportunities with Wealth Management Advisors, Financial Products Advisors and other potential customers at all stages of sales cycle to include: targeting, prospecting and presenting compelling business propositions; selling individual/family insurance products.
- Work effectively with advisors and key decision makers and internal staff to develop long term strategic relationships.
- Prepare and present powerful, persuasive sales presentations that effectively demonstrate the value proposition of The Miller Group.
- Develop and maintain a robust advisor pipeline to continuously grow the business and generate revenue.
- Maintain consistent growth by continuously establishing new relationships while maintaining/expanding existing relationships.
- Attend conferences and professional association meetings and promote The Miller Groups solutions and brand.
- Manage the entire quoting process from start to finish, including follow up.
- 50% of time sales/marketing – Personal lines (high net worth individuals), Life & Long Term disability products and potentially other individual products.
- 50% of time processing/delivering proposals and assist with backing up PRM account manager.
- 3-5 years related work experience
- Valid Property & Casualty – Agent License
- In depth knowledge of personal lines insurance and/or life insurance/long term care products.
- Familiar with CRM systems
- Excellent communication skills, both face-to-face and in writing.
- Demonstrates excellent team building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact well with diverse personalities.
- Able to operate independently with minimal supervisor intervention.
- Able to independently apply objective decision-making to maintain productivity and client satisfaction.
- Must be comfortable presenting in front of groups
- Results Oriented
- Must have good time management skills
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Offers are contingent on passing post offer pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet
The Miller Group’s full-service product offering includes commercial insurance; employee benefits; HR consulting; surety Bonds; safety & loss prevention and private risk management.
The Miller Group
Why Work Here?The Miller Group was founded in 1961 by Robert E. Miller, with a focus on the construction industry. While this industry expertise remains, we have expanded to include a strong position in a variety of industries. Led by Bob Miller’s sons, Sean and Matt, the company has grown to become one of the top brokerage firms in the Midwest. A commitment to employee well-being, family, faith and community make The Miller Group a great place to work. The Miller Group has been recognized by the Business Journal as a Best Place to Work and Healthiest Employers. The Miller Group’s full-service product offering includes commercial insurance; employee benefits; HR consulting; surety Bonds; safety & loss prevention and private risk management.
A commitment to employee well-being, family, faith and community make The Miller Group a great place to work.
Kansas City, MO