Benefits Account Manager
The Miller Group Kansas City, MO
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
- Work closely with the producer to manage client expectations, servicing needs, lead the renewal process and ensure tasks are completed according to service timelines for assigned book.
- Develop core competencies of Client Management by working with assigned Account Executive mentor.
- Ensure essential tasks are completed for Account Executives at appropriate times in the service cycle.
- Facilitate the completion of all aspects of the renewal process in accordance with the identified timelines, and as directed by the Account Executive.
- Maintain excellent carrier relationships to provide client advocacy at appropriate times.
- Document client requests in the Client Relationship Management System (CRM) and complete action items with a sense of urgency to ensure all tasks are completed to drive to resolution with Account Executive input as necessary.
- Resolve client issues with a sense of urgency to avoid disruptions in client service and/or coverage.
- Conduct client meetings and presentations, either independently or as a partner to the Account Executive (i.e. renewals, informational sessions, etc).
- Assist producer in developing responses to RFPs and presenting strong finalist presentations.
- Develop communication materials for clients to outline renewal changes, enrollment procedures, and plan clarifications.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Compliance to ensure clients are aware of local, state and federal compliance regulations and quality control guidelines.
- Inform Producer/Account Executive of situations that could impact account retention and/or client satisfaction.
- Maintain updated knowledge regarding legislative or industry changes that could impact the organization or its clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in a closely related field or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Life and Health license is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced skill in navigating the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of 2 years of account management experience in a broker or carrier position.
- Previous experience with client management systems, preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both face-to-face and in writing.
- Able to effectively de-escalate difficult client conversations and drive them to resolution.
- Proactively identifies client issues to avoid disruptions in client service and/or coverage.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve challenges effectively.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact well with diverse personalities.
- Able to operate independently with minimal supervisor intervention.
- Able to independently apply objective decision-making.
- Comfortable delivering formal presentations in large group settings.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment with a detail-focused approach.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Offers are contingent on passing post offer pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet
The Miller Group’s full-service product offering includes commercial insurance; employee benefits; HR consulting; surety Bonds; safety & loss prevention and private risk management.
The Miller GroupWhy Work Here?
A commitment to employee well-being, family, faith and community make The Miller Group a great place to work.
The Miller Group was founded in 1961 by Robert E. Miller, with a focus on the construction industry. While this industry expertise remains, we have expanded to include a strong position in a variety of industries. Led by Bob Miller’s sons, Sean and Matt, the company has grown to become one of the top brokerage firms in the Midwest. A commitment to employee well-being, family, faith and community make The Miller Group a great place to work. The Miller Group has been recognized by the Business Journal as a Best Place to Work and Healthiest Employers. The Miller Group’s full-service product offering includes commercial insurance; employee benefits; HR consulting; surety Bonds; safety & loss prevention and private risk management.
903 E 104th StreetKansas City, MO
BusinessView all jobs at The Miller Group