Associate Shipping and Receiving Coordinator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Now is a great time to join our growing company! The Millennium Group (TMG) is an award-winning business process outsourcing firm focused on print, mail, document scanning, reception, and related office support services for Fortune 500 companies, professional service firms, and institutions of higher education. TMG is looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic team players interested in a career rather than just a job. With a team of over 1,500 nationwide associates, TMG is seeking an individual who can uniquely contribute to our 30+ years of success in the industry.
- Coordinates Shipping and Receiving services and administrative functions.
- Oversees all functions and operations of the Shipping and Receiving area while supporting Facilities supplies / parts inventory and mail / copy rooms. Delegates tasks when required
- Performs data entry, filing and maintenance of documentation supporting all Shipping and Receiving transactions
- Processes and audits all incoming deliveries for accuracy and completeness
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
- Examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper / customer to rectify damages and shortages
- Provides data for monthly metrics and discusses with staff to assess work volume and address operational concerns (volume packages received and shipped)
- Cross-trains back up staff in Shipping & Receiving procedures
- Delivers critical cold packages to end users in a timely and efficient manner
- Prepares, packages and ships requested packages per DOT / IATA guidelines
- Works with Customs and Brokers as needed to resolve any shipment issues
- Performs incoming / outgoing mail and package delivery tasks
- Provides procurement system and budgetary oversight.
- Resolves all receiving issues with Finance, Accounting and Purchasing
- Reconciles all received orders and receipts
- Supports Facilities operating budget within target goals for all contracted services and expenses
- Orders and delivers dry ice as needed to labs
- Provides guidance to customers on shipping options to minimize unnecessary shipping costs
- Orders, stocks, organizes and maintains general office supplies, warehouse, mailroom and copy area supplies
- Contributes to the capital and expense forecasting process
- Monitors and evaluates service contractor performance and provides recommendations.
- Manages projects of limited scope and complexity within their functional area.
- Serves as a Shipping & Receiving site representative during interactions with all cross functional groups, as required
- Collaborates with Corporate and other site's Shipping & Receiving to align processes and procedures
- Assists with contract management including scope of work, cost assessment, and documentation
- Coordinates the selling, liquidation or donation of all used equipment as directed
- Schedules and coordinates pick up of all recyclable materials
- May participate in process cost savings and improvement initiatives.
- Provides excellent customer service and support.
- Acts as a liaison in providing technical or logistics guidance to our site customers and contracted service providers
- Interfaces with R&D customers to ensure all expectations are being met
- Maintains a positive relationship with all the members of the Facilities department and our site customers while promoting a positive team environment
- Routinely coordinates work and customer communications to minimize impact to site operations.
- Maintains compliance with corporate, safety, security and regulatory policies.
- Acts as a liaison with EH&S staff to ensure a safe working environment, as required
- Maintains all assigned Corporate, Facilities and EHS training as required
- Ensures staff and contracted service providers perform all tasks in a safe manner.
- High School diploma
- Minimum 4 years experience in a Shipping/Receiving environment or equivalent work experience.
- Current DOT / IATA training certification
- Current Hazardous Materials training certification
- Ability to invest time, as required, expediting or completing assignments which may necessitate working evening and / or weekend hours as necessary to meet business demands
- High level computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook with strong background in database systems. Ability to learn new software, such as enterprise business
- Firm knowledge of enterprise business systems such as Oracle or SAP, and firm understanding of purchase requisition submissions and purchase order generation systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficient with writing well-formulated emails and notifications. Ability to effectively communicate with employees, contractors and vendors. Experience with technical writing and document development / generation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience dealing with a diverse workforce
- Strong ability to organize assigned tasks in a high paced environment and concurrently monitor tasks / assignments with others that may impact timely completion. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and activities simultaneously.
- Experience in coordinating outside contractors in support of C-TPAT requirements for shipping and receiving operations
- Familiarity with Injury and Illness Prevention Plans (IIPP), Chemical Hygiene, and Blood Borne Pathogen (BBP) safety protocols
- Familiarity with FDA / cGXP environments and associated compliance regulations
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and carry out work duties with minimum supervision.
- Valid driver's license
WATCH Where Service Matters:
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
The Millennium Group
AddressSan Diego, CA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at The Millennium Group