In this role you will lead an enterprise wide DevSecOps implementation across our client's custom on-prem and cloud-native applications. As the Technical Lead you will be in a hands-on position, responsible for designing, developing and implementing CI/CD pipelines, evaluating and proving out new tools and standards.
Success in this role requires a technical and innovative mindset, a proven track record engineering custom transactional, web applications with cloud-native and API-based architectures, understanding of Agile, and exemplary organizational skills. This role reports to the Director of Software Engineering and works closely with product teams that manage existing services and is instrumental in supporting their multi-year modernization program that is transforming its large on-prem portfolio of applications with cloud-native technology.
Build CI/CD pipelines in support of both legacy and new application development. Work with Deliver managers to develop a practical roadmap to implement necessary DevSecOps capabilities and lead the implementation through collaboration and tangible results.
- Technically integrate DevSecOps practices into the Product Development Lifecycle to help product teams organize deployment activities and manage interdependencies.
- Apply DevSecOps principles and best practices to help drive quality assurance, product reliability, and team knowledge sharing to deliver quality systems that exceed customers’ expectations.
- Drive a strong operations culture across the product groups that improves the speed and quality of IT’s products.
- Establish a mechanism to continuously collect measurements to monitor the effectiveness of operations and develop plans for improvement.
- Create a data-driven culture by developing metrics to measure team performance, productivity and quality.
- Leverage application monitoring tools to reduce enterprise MTTI and MMTR.
- Work with Information Security, Automation, and Performance Engineering resources to integrate application security and functional and performance testing into the CI/CD release pipeline.
- Provide a holistic and measurable view of the IT environments in the AWS cloud and describe its relevance in business terms.
- Establish a collaborative environment between application development and infrastructure teams by working on planning, design, and technology initiatives together.
- Collaborate with teams of agile practitioners, software engineers, and quality engineers; create an internal environment of teamwork, sharing, enthusiasm and mutual respect.
- Nurture and support a strong engineering culture with a product focus. Form trusted relationships with business partners necessary to achieve the vision, improve quality, and gain efficiencies. Mentor junior resources as needed.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- B.S. in Computer Science or a relevant discipline required. Master’s degree highly desirable.
- 8+ years’ experience in design, deliver and implement of CI/CD pipelines, automation, and DevSecOps on complex IT applications
- Full-lifecycle management of software development teams building Java based, cloud-native applications
- Working with offshore software engineering teams in a managed services model
- Leading tool evaluations including proofs of concepts
- Application Performance Management experience
- Expert knowledge of containerization, APIs and Microservices including technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless architecture
- Knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to Java, Go, Python.
If a bachelor’s degree is required, related work experience may be substituted in some positions. One year of college course work at an accredited institution is equivalent to one year of related work experience.