Software Engineer (Start-up)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client, an innovative technology start-up company in Washington DC, is seeking a Software Engineer with an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach. This is a direct-hire with excellent benefits (401k, great health, vision, dental at a minimal cost to you) and Company Equity.
Our client is a venture-backed software company building a modern construction management platform to help infrastructure construction companies win more jobs and deliver them on time and under budget. This is a fantastic opportunity to get in on the ground floor with an early-start up without any of the financial risks.
They embrace a culture of initiative, service, and humility. They are taking on a big problem with the potential for big impact. They challenge themselves every day to make the lives of those in infrastructure construction exponentially better.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join their team as they build out a product that will help to shape the physical future for America in the 21st century.
Location: Washington DC (Hybrid)
As a Software Engineer with this start-up, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with customers to define the product for our MVP and beyond
- Make foundational architectural decisions that will help our system scale and rapidly adapt to customer needs
- Own product features that delight the customer end-to-end from defining the scope all the way through development
- Influence the culture of the company and guide the processes and tooling of the engineering team
- Work directly every day with the CTO and the founding team
The Intangibles: Software Engineer
We believe that in order to be successful as a Software Engineer with this company you, you likely fit these qualities:
- Take initiative and crave ownership
- Take pleasure in driving outcomes and seeing your projects succeed
- Have the ability to make thoughtful decisions quickly especially in ambiguous situations
- Have strong opinions that are loosely held
- Are curious and a self-learner
- Embrace the creative problem-solving that comes with working on small teams and the ultimate responsibility that comes with driving outcomes on your own
The Experience: Software Engineer
We think having the right experience is necessary for success. That may include:
- 5+ years of experience as a full-stack developer ideally working at at B2B software company
- You have led large projects from ideation through development, launch, and support, influencing both product and architectural decisions
- You are proficient in implementing projects across the stack (ideally in React for the frontend and Node for the backend)
- You have worked in a small, agile team environment and delivered software products rapidly
This company will transform the working lives of the 100,000 people who build our critical infrastructure, and, in turn, the hundreds of millions who rely on this infrastructure to open new businesses, go to work, travel, see friends and family, and climb the socioeconomic ladder. If you’re looking for purpose in your work and a new challenge to spark personal and professional growth, there’s no better opportunity. We invite you to apply.
About The Midtown Group:
For 32 years, the Midtown Group has been connecting talented professionals with incredible employment opportunities. We are a small, woman-owned business certified by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). Operating from our headquarters in Washington, DC, we provide trusted staffing services nationwide. Our clients include thousands of the most prestigious Fortune 500 companies, law firms, financial organizations, tech innovators, non-profits, and lobbying firms, as well as federal, state and local government agencies. Whether you’re looking for a temporary role or direct hire position, Midtown wants you to Love What You Do.
The Midtown Group is An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
The Midtown Group
TechnologyView all jobs at The Midtown Group
Get fresh Software Design jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.