The Customer Care Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that the needs of the association’s members and customers are being satisfied with the aim of providing excellent customer service.
II. Key Duties and Responsibilities: These are the essential functions of the job – a list of essential duties and material responsibilities which must be completed in achieving the objectives of the position. Cluster them into no more than six groupings.
1. Provide customer service to members and customers via phone, chat, and email by answering questions about the association and its products.
2. Work inter-departmentally to resolve customer issues.
3. Escalate unresolved customer issues to management.
4. Process phone orders.
5. Meet department performance goals including call abandonment rate and issue resolution time metrics.
6. Other duties as assigned.
III. Skills/Knowledge Required: Describe the specific skills, occupational knowledge, information background, and understanding you must have to do the work successfully. Note: Also describe any diplomas, degrees, or certifications essential to obtain the knowledge.
Skills: Knowledge of customer service principles and practices. Superior interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to analyze problems, develop a path toward problem solving, and continue the process to completion. Capacity to communicate with tact and professionalism. Strong multi-tasking skills with a comfort in maintaining multiple, often conflicting, priorities. Effective organization skills. Ability to work autonomously with initiative.
Computer Proficiencies: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Experience/Background: 1-3 years of experience in a similar role. Non-profit organization experience a plus.
Diploma/Degrees/Certifications: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Physical Requirements: None