Loan Closing Specialist
About the Position: This person will provide expert closing services to support the management of a portfolio of Federal government loan and grant awards. This includes program management, closing and legal documentation management, an understanding of the environmental regulations and experience using various software that is integral to these activities.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Support all activities related to awarding and closing of loans/grants
- Prepare, analyze, interpret and review nonstandard and standard legal documents in support of telecommunications loans, mergers and acquisitions, and grants for commercial and non-commercial entities
- Maintain accurate status of all documents and correspondence on all approved projects for funding
- Understanding of long-term debt instruments and its impact on other creditors.
- Review current procedures for processing and servicing loans and make recommendations on potential problems
- Draft and make updates of legal documents related to loan closing documents and facilitate its execution and delivery
Support Environmental Compliance Process for loan/grant program
- Assist in tracking and documenting of environmental reviews and reports against requirements of the program and related regulations
- Initiate and compose correspondence to applicants and others on all matters related to environmental compliances to acquire additional information related to applications
- Provide regular communications related to guidance, policy direction and review to various stakeholders
Reporting and Program Analysis
- Prepare reports tracking progress of loan/grant applications in various stages using Excel, Salesforce, Power Point, and other various tools
- Verify and analyze applications in all stages from submission, internal review, award and closing
- Communicate and acquire necessary information and data to run ad-hoc reports and analysis for internal management and to other stakeholders
- Validation of accuracy of reports and numbers
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Knowledgeable or experienced in government Loan/Grant closing processes and procedures is highly desirable.
- Highly organized and ability to juggle multiple tasks under deadlines efficiently
- Effective communicator, in both verbal and written form, able to effectively obtain information and express ideas with an eye for details.
- Proactive thinker that does not need detailed guidelines on “how to proceed”.
- Team player willing to do whatever it takes to support internal team to help reach mission critical goals of client.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in government, consulting or non-profits related to loan/grant programs.
- Possesses a strong background in office software especially MS Word, Excel (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, advance functions are highly desirable).