Legal Secretary - Patent
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Patent Legal Secretary
$70K - $90K DOE
Hybrid, 3 days on site, 2 days remote
Our client, a national law firm, is seeking a Patent Legal Secretary to support its Global Intellectual Property practice in their Atlanta, GA office. They are searching for someone who wants to be a valued contributor and member of a talented and dynamic team of lawyers, paralegals and business professionals.
Legal Secretary Duties:
- Provides high-quality patent prosecution assistance.
- Prepares formal and prosecution documents, including Declarations, Assignments, Powers of Attorney, Priority Documents, Information Disclosure Statements, SB08s, Responses to Missing Parts, Responses to Office Actions, Petitions and Issue Fee papers, and proofreading Letters Patent and other USPTO forms.
- Drafts report letters for clients including office actions, search reports, notice of allowances and letters patent.
- Supports attorneys and business professionals with daily docket.
- Acts as a point of contact for status inquiries and general questions.
- Handles special projects and tasks as requested by Attorneys, Paralegals and the IP Practice Business Manager
- Supports billing tasks as requested.
- Assist others in the group and sharing workload for other, non-standard client projects and document preparation, as needed.
- Sends client reminders and reporting filings to clients.
- Teams with other business professionals to ensure all work is covered.
- Follows-up with attorneys on tasks.
- Other duties as required.
Legal Secretary Skills:
- Four-year College Degree is preferred or combination of Associate degree and applicable experience.
- One to three years of patent prosecution experience working as a practice assistant or secretary in a law firm or corporate law department is required. Experience in multinational or global law firm a plus.
- Experience with Intellectual Property Docketing Systems is a plus.
- Strong Microsoft Office capabilities required including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and manage dockets and deadlines.
- Ability to anticipate problems and issues and exercise independent judgment for resolution.
- Ability to collaborate in an effective and professional manner with attorneys, clients, co-workers and administrators.
- Ability to exercise tact, courtesy and diplomacy in all interpersonal dealings.
- Ability to make sound and reasonable judgments and decisions.
Thanks for reviewing our Patent Legal Secretary role!
The Midtown Group
LegalView all jobs at The Midtown Group
Get fresh Patent Secretary jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.