One of our federal clients is looking for an outstanding legal support clerk to join their office on a long-term basis. This individual would be responsible for providing a wide range of administrative and legal support to an office consisting of approximately 5 attorneys and 4 paralegals. This is a long-term role that would last for at least a year with option years as well. Our client is actively reviewing resumes and will move forward with candidates ASAP!!
- serves as the office receptionist
- processes a variety of legal documents which are relatively routine or straightforward in content and format
- reviews investigative reports, transcript testimonies, interview reports, files and documents for a variety of criminal cases to become familiar with the issues, and identify pertinent material
- logs and drafts subpoenas and correspondence
- drafts routine court filings upon request; performs quality control on documents before filing with the court and any correspondence or outgoing materials
- documents when subpoenas are returned
- in some cases reads subpoenaed documents and identifies and summarizes portions that may be relevant to particular cases
- establishes and maintains an effective system of compiling, indexing, and organizing pleadings and case information and its sources
- assists in production of discovery by scanning, copying, uploading electronic data
- preparing and creating CD, DVD, or whatever media is required for production
- prepares for trial by producing, compiling, organizing, and indexing various evidentiary exhibits
- marks and identifies trial exhibits and drafts a list of exhibits to be offered at trial
- provides courtroom exhibit presentation assistance.
Candidates must have legal experience to be considered. Additionally, expertise with MS Office Suite and legal research experience is highly preferred.
The Midtown Group
Why Work Here?
This company has plenty of room to grow and truly values their employees.