The primary scope of this position is responsible for deployment testing, training, and troubleshooting of all agency software to ensure that software is adequately deployed for purchase to implementation. This is a technical liaison position between vendors and all affected customers internal and external to the organization.
- 2 to 3 years participating in software deployment projects;
- Requires intermediate to expert level business application skills;
- Basic understanding of system and application development life cycle and software implementation methodologies required;
- Experience in creating and testing documentation required;
- Experience training groups of people on a business software product desired;
- Ability to exercise judgment, initiative and resourcefulness in offering system development recommendations and training options;
- Ability to quickly learn new system applications, a relentless learner, open to change;
- Ability to analyze both success and failure for clues to improvement;
- Ability to work under short deadline requirements;
- Ability to explain complex concepts clearly in written and verbal communications;
- Ability to perform software training sessions as required;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and proven ability to work in a cross functional organization;
- Intermediate to Expert level skills in support of Microsoft Office Suite products q
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Gathers and analyze implementation requirements;
- Coordinates software implementation and connectivity between multiple vendors and end users;
- Properly sets and manages user expectations;
- Recommends and supports end user trainings, tracking outcomes as required.
- Creates testing and training documentation as required;
- Coordinates and/or trains users on software applications;
- Ensures the completion of all product implementation directly or indirectly;
- Provides regular status reporting on all aspects of software implementation;
- Supports issue management resolution;
- Supports business process projects as assigned;
- Supports the agency WASP Inventory software with duties as assigned
- Identifies and/or coordinates post software implementation requirements;
- Supports other Operations IT team member functions as assigned; and
- Supports agency disaster recovery plan
- Implementation of business software packages including training support; desired.
- Accounting or HR software implementation projects; desired
- SQL Experience, desired
- Database implementation projects desired; and
- WEB Page implementation projects experience desired
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.
Essential traits for this position are as follows:
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with team members and management.
- Must be results oriented.
- Must have superior organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to work independently or on teams in challenging work atmosphere.
- Must have an exceptional aptitude for attention to detail.
- Must be able to prioritize and balance multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must be able to plan and complete tasks and assignments on-schedule with minimal supervision using appropriate judgment.
- Must be able to contribute to building a positive team spirit; put success of team above own interests; support everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Must be able to show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promote a harassment-free environment.
- Must be able to treat people with respect and dignity; work with integrity and ethically uphold the Agency's mission and values.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Preferred: (4) years of college education in business, computer science or closely related field with two to three years of professional level systems experience in an integrated environment with a Microsoft or Cisco Certifications. Desired: At least two (2) years of college education in business, computer science or closely related field with two to three years of professional level systems experience in an integrated environment with a Microsoft or Cisco Certifications.