Michelson Realty Company is looking for an experienced, energetic, and outgoing Leasing Manager to work at one of its premiere apartment communities in Antioch, TN . Candidate must have a good work ethic, positive attitude, and ideally 2+ years of leasing experience or experience in a similar industry. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package, including a 401(k).
The Leasing Consultant’s primary responsibilities are to answer incoming telephone calls, show and lease apartments to prospective residents, market the community to the local area to build awareness, and assist current residents with any inquiries they have.
- · Knowledgeable of required telephone and sales techniques.
- · Must be fully informed of current rental rates, sizes, locations, and amenities of the property.
- · Answer incoming telephone calls and either work with the caller to help with their needs or direct them to the best person to assist them.
- · Show and lease apartment homes to prospective residents.
- · Market the community in the local area to businesses, merchants, schools, etc. to build awareness and increase traffic.
- · Complete lease forms for new and current residents.
- · Insure the model and vacant apartments are ready for showing.
- · Maintain work areas and office in clean and orderly manner
- · Help monitor curb appeal of the property and make appropriate suggestions to the Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor for improvements.
- · Thorough knowledge of lease terms, specifications, and all community policies.
- · Responsible for “shopping” competitor properties.
- · Continually monitor market conditions to know what is going on with competitors or new events that would affect the market (i.e. new apartment buildings being built in the area).
- · Will maintain contact with all apartment locator services and local businesses to provide informational material. Update periodically.
- · Develop full knowledge of application information required, screening processes and policies regarding rentals.
- · Develop and maintain an on-going resident retention program under direction of Property Manager.
- · Assists with scheduling, organizing, and hosting tenant functions.
- · Plan an active role in the current resident renewal process.
- · Responsible for proper maintenance of all resident and property files.
- · Responsible for maintaining and updating Leasing and Property Information Handbook and Advertising Log Book.
- · Efficient and timely processing of all required administrative forms, reports, and related information.
- · Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents.
- · Must be courteous and efficient in the handling of resident requests and complaints.
- · Maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- · Ability to seek educational opportunities and self-improvement for personal growth and development.
- · Responsible for assisting the Property Manager and Assistant Manager with any other miscellaneous tasks conducted at the community.
- · Gain full knowledge of the Assistant Manager’s role to assist when they are out or to accept a promotion when/if the opportunity presents itself.
- · Ideal candidates would have 2+ years’ experience as a leasing consultant or hold a similar position in another industry.
- · Experience with Yardi is a plus.
- · Must be a self-starter with good work ethic and positive attitude.
- · Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- · Ability to learn the Engaging Leasing Process.
- · Must possess the ability to write routine reports, correspondence, and speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- · Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as pro-rates, discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- · Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- · Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- · Present self in a neat, clean and professional manner at all times throughout the workday or whenever present at the community.
- · Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays if needed.
- · Successfully pass a drug test and background screening.