Michelson Realty Company is looking for an experienced, energetic, and outgoing Assistant Property Manager to work at one of its premiere apartment communities in St. Petersburg, FL. Candidate must have a good work ethic, positive attitude, and exceptional communication and organization skills. Experience with Yardi software, leasing, and 2+ years of experience as an Assistant Property Manager is desired. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package, including a 401(k).
The Assistant Property Manager’s primary responsibilities are to assist the Property Manager with the day-to-day operations in achieving the financial and operational objectives of the community while ensuring everything is conducted in compliance with all local, state, and federal landlord/tenant and Fair Housing Laws. The Assistant Property Manager helps oversee property maintenance, manages accounts payable/receivable, assist with resident relations, and help oversee capital projects occurring at the property.
· Works with property management team to minimize expenditures, maximize revenues, and adhere to budget cost parameters.
· Works with office staff and accounting department to ensure all rent is collected as due and that all revenue data is posted correctly in Yardi.
· Manages preparation of all tenant correspondence, including late payment notices.
· Produces monthly tenant delinquency reports and property accruals.
· Works with property manager to complete monthly financial and property activity reports.
· Works with property manager to prepare annual budgets and tenant CAM Reconciliations.
· Shows vacant suites as necessary and explains property rules and regulations.
· Ensures all move-in/move-out paperwork is completed correctly and has been approved by the property manager.
· Must have skill in dealing with problem residents and general problem solving skills.
· Ensures all apartment move-in, move-out, and other leasing data is entered correctly and in a timely manner into the Yardi system.
· Works with management team to administer renewal program and works to maximize tenant renewals.
· Works with property manager to hire, train, and develop on-site employees according to company policy and procedure.
· Assists property manager with counseling and reviewing employees as necessary and as required by company policy and procedure.
· Works with property manager to develop an effective, proactive team that works together to achieve property objectives.
· Works with property manager and maintenance team to insures that suites, common areas and grounds are maintained according to property objectives.
· As required, inspects apartments, common areas, and the property grounds to insure adherence to property standards.
· Works with property manager to insure adherence to company safety standards, policies, and procedures.
· Works with property manager to insure that all safety inspections are completed as required and ensures adherence to company key control policies.
· Completes, as necessary, all required paperwork for all liability, workers’ compensation, and property insurance claims.
· Oversees tenant and vendor insurance program.
· Takes escalated service requests and works with the property team to ensure adherence to customer service standards.
· Works with on-site staff to insure that tenant issues are dealt with in a timely manner and that proper follow-through is done.
· Assists property manager with scheduling, organizing, and hosting tenant functions.
· Assists with marketing the property to raise awareness and increase traffic.
· Gain full knowledge of the Property Manager’s role to assist when they are out or to accept a promotion when/if the opportunity presents itself.
· High school diploma or its equivalent. Prefer a college degree for the position.
· 2+ years’ experience in property management as an Assistant Property Manager, along with experience as a leasing consultant.
· Demonstrate the ability to recognize problems, collect information, and work to resolve the problem in a timely and effective manner.
· Ability to learn the Engaging Leasing Process.
· Effective communication, organizational, and time management skills.
· Achieve Fair Housing certification prior to interaction with prospects or residents.
· Competence in personal computer skills, keyboard, internet search, math, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as community software applications.
· Experience with Yardi software is preferred.
· Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations.
· Knowledge of Landlord/Tenant Law.
· Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
· Be able to work weekends, evenings, and holidays if needed.
· Present self in a neat, clean and professional manner at all times throughout the workday or whenever present at the community.
· Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the Employee Handbook.
· Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
· Successfully pass a drug test and background screening.