The Operations Supervisor is responsible for the daily operations of the Metro Inc. Operations team, NYC. This includes shift, field, process, manage business relationships with customers to ensure accurate and timely responsiveness to customer concerns, and retention of the customer. Responsibilities include hiring, training, developing Technicians / Helpers, and working directly with Operations Team in a supervisory role to ensure Metro Group customers receive the highest level of customer service and quality. Other responsibilities include labor analysis, schedule coordination, developing and coaching mechanical teams, manage costs, and service performance.
The Operations Supervisor will also oversee many key performance indicators for the Metro Operations Team including; maintaining excellent customer relationships, increasing internal sales, creating an efficient work day for the Technicians/Helpers, special work with customers, responding to customer requests, pro-active problem solving and meeting productivity goals, handling emergency customer visits, and assisting with job completion.
· Support and uphold all policies and procedures, and ensure they are always adhered to
· Sustains expert knowledge of business goals and objectives: products and services for the operation.
· Creates and executes proactive steps to expedient scheduling of all work jobs sold, ensure job completion, increase customer satisfaction, and reduce customer complaints
· Achieves overall consistency throughout the operation
· Sustains and manages operation cost while maintaining service levels
· Actively manages the timely response of all customer relations, and employee interactions
· Upholds and achieve employee hours and overtime are managed in an effective manner (according to budget)
· Manages and coaches Administrative Support Staff (Schedulers/Dispatchers) to acceptable performance levels
· Manages departmental employee hours in an efficient and effective manner according to budget
· Ensures effective communication of job accountabilities, objectives, and performance feedback
· Coaches, trains, and organizes workforce to have them capable of maintaining high service levels
· Supports and encourages reward and recognition programs in the operation
· Plans and creates steps that lead workforce to being highly skilled, satisfied, and engaged
· Sustains and monitors performance management issues within the operation
· Supports and encourages employee involvement throughout the operation
· Ensures consistent and quality decisions are made at dispatch and schedule
· Creates, supports and coaches to ensure a culture focused on customer satisfaction
· Responsible for promptly addressing and resolving problems/complaints filed by the customer
· Support and sustains relationships with customers and the community
· Ensures that employees maintain the pulse (competition, growth, sales, customers, events, etc.) of the community
· Supports the recruiting process by working with the HR team, reviewing resumes, and conducting interviews
· Actively supports and maintains high levels of morale in employees within the operation
· Upholds, promotes, and demonstrates an environment of honesty, integrity, and candor through open lines of communication
· Ensures delivery of feedback, encouragement and expectations are clear and concise
· Plans, designs, and carries out programs, projects, studies, or other work independently. Receives little or no supervision from General Manager
· Trains, assigns work to, and checks work of two (2) or more Team members; participates in the decision to hire, fire, and promote Team members; does not conduct the same work as Team members on a regular basis
· High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Minimum three (3) years managerial / supervisory experience
· Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications (including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Previous customer service experience in an industrial or service industry preferred
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to meet physical requirement of position
· Clean and valid Driver’s License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to communicate well with others
· Ability to build strong internal/external working relationships with the company and within the community
· Goal oriented work ethic with high standards for quality performance
· Strong coaching skills and analytical aptitude
· Highly organized and efficient with administrative tasks
· Clear and consistent decision maker
Compensation and Benefits:
· Competitive pay including Base Salary and Commission Potential
· All Expenses Reimbursed
· Annual/Quarterly Performance Bonuses & Incentives
· Excellent Medical/Dental Insurance
· Generous Paid Vacation and Holiday Package
· Career Advancement Opportunities
The Metro Group, Inc. is an EEOC-compliant employer.
The Metro Group, Inc.
Why Work Here?
A growing company that's large enough to make a difference, yet small enough to care!
New York, NY