The Metro Group, Inc., located in Long Island City, is currently looking for a HVAC Installer for their Mechanical Division. The position is a full-time, permanent position with union entrance and company benefits. Job specifics will involve assisting or leading a crew in repairs, modifications, or installations of various HVAC systems.
Characteristics of a qualified applicant include:
- Experience in installing, replacing, and start-up of various HVAC systems
- Basic plumbing/pipefitting experience including sweating and soldering pipe, dry taps, and pipe installations
- Ability to read blueprints is desired
- Experience in Duct Work install is desired
- Qualified leader, capable of directing a crew to maximize productivity
- Collaborative with Field Supervisors and Project Managers
- Agreeable and self-motivated team member, takes initiative
- Enthusiastic in taking on assignments and responsibilities, willing to learn
- Detail oriented, pride in their work, focus on quality
- Clear communication skills
- Capable of working in a professional environment and providing great customer service
- Capable of following company policies and procedures
- Ability to meet physical requirements of position
- Valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED
- Applicable industry training and certifications (i.e., OSHA 30-hr, EPA 608 Certified, F60, etc.)
Additional responsibilities could include:
- Driving a company vehicle
- Lifting tools, materials and equipment.
- Performing other miscellaneous tasks to support the operation, when needed. For example, assisting on other job types, doing material pick-up and deliveries, etc.
Job type: Full-time, permanent employment with union entrance, competitive pay and stable, steady work Monday through Friday with overtime opportunities.
The Metro Group, Inc. is an EEOC-compliant employer.
The Metro Group, Inc.
Why Work Here?
A growing company that's large enough to make a difference, yet small enough to care!
New York, NY