Burner Service Mechanic
The Metro Group, Inc. South Hackensack, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 to $55 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
The Metro Group, Inc., is an established, successful, premier Building Services company founded in 1925. Our services include water treatment, boiler repairs, service and installations, HVAC repairs, water services & testing, regulatory compliance and various other valuable building services. We take pride in the work we do while building long-lasting partnerships not only with our clients but most importantly with our employees.
We are currently seeking a qualified Boiler Service Mechanic to thrive in our growing National Mechanical Division. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting or leading a crew in all areas of installation, service, and modification of various components in heating systems.
Role and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Based off of job plans, forecast needed inventory of materials
- Compile and order material (pipe, valves & fittings) on a daily basis
- Heat exchanger and domestic hot water mixing valve installation
- Install/repair/troubleshoot steam, hydronic heating and domestic hot water systems
- Install Con-Ed meter stations per utility plan and specifications
- Cut, prep and weld black pipe 2½” > 12”
- Cut and thread black pipe - ½” > 4”
- Braze copper pipe - ½” > 4”
- Solder copper pipe - ½” > 4”
- Install copper pipe systems using Pro-Press tools & fittings - ½” > 4”
- Cut and groove black pipe 2½” > 10”
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Valid driver's license, in good standing
- Able to read/understand blue prints
- Must be able to pass 6G welding test
- Following certificates preferred: OSHA 30, 4 Hour Scaffold, FDNY Fire Watch and FDNY Torch Operator
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- DOT Gas Operator Card (preferred)
- DOB Full Gas Work Qualification Card (preferred)
Benefits and Perks:
- Local 638 Union position
- Benefits provided via Union membership
- Extensive on the job training provided with career advancement opportunities
Compensation commensurate with experience. The Metro Group, Inc. is an EEOC-compliant employer.
The Metro Group, Inc.
AddressSouth Hackensack, NJ
ManufacturingView all jobs at The Metro Group, Inc.