Registered Nurse, Traveling Primary Location: United States\-DE\-DEMillsboro Function: Clinical
Bring your RN experience to our growing, mission\-driven organization\! We have RN opportunitiesproviding nursing services, training and support to address the medical needs of individuals with developmental disabilities, brain injury, substance abuse issues and/or emotional or behavioral challenges\.
Each of our programs is designed around the needs of the children and adults we serve and delivered in the communities they call home\. We provide the right balance of service and support - combining personal choice, flexibility and community integration with professional oversight, family involvement and stability\.
Our RN positions enjoy high\-impact with those we serve while providing flexibility with your schedule and location while having career options to move up and across the organization\.
Traveling between multiple locations to perform the duties and responsibilities of the role, the Traveling RN is accessible to staff at all locations during working hours\. Depending on the program, may be required to be accessible after hours for consultation\.
Provide clinical care to address the medical needs of individuals in multiple locations within the assigned region\.
- Conduct the medical assessment of each individual referred to the program and collaborate with an Intake staff member to determine appropriate placement in the community
- Participate in the development and implementation of service plans and supervise, in conjunction with the physicians, the medical components of the plan
- Serve as liaison and advocate with other medical and professional service providers
- Provide input regarding health care services to be included in each Individual Service Plan \(ISP\)
- Review documents and revise all nursing/nursing related care plans on a regular basis
- Promote health and wellness for individuals and ensure nursing actions and steps are put in place for prevention
- Ensure medical records and reports are current and complete in accordance with regulatory and corporate standards, including medication administration records and physician's orders
- Maintain contact with primary care physicians and specialists, and, when directed, attend doctor visits with mentor and/or individual receiving services\.
- Administer medications according to established guidelines
- Provide documentation for all medications given and review medication administration records for compliance
- Oversee the management of high\-risk medical conditions and private duty nursing services
- Provide technical assistance, medical oversight and training of LVNs and program staff to ensure the effective implementation of all related services
- Develop training flow charts specific to each individual receiving services, provide and document medical skills training to clients, mentors, respite providers, staff, and where appropriate, the biological family
- Participate as an Individual Health Plan \(IHP\) or Plan of Care \(POC\) team member
- Evaluate the medical needs of each individual for initial IHP/POC,
- Ensure IHP/POC goals and objectives are medically indicated
- Present medical skills components at Pre\-service Orientation
- Generate ongoing health care protocols for the specific medical conditions outlined in the IHP/POC
- Provide consultation and technical assistance to staff and mentors regarding home care issues along with operation of durable medical equipment\.
- Participate in on call system as needed
- Travel between multiple locations during work hours
- Provide support and is accessible to staff at all locations during working hours
- May be required to be accessible after hours for consultation
- May actively participate in IDT meetings, Human Rights Committee, Health and Safety Committee and Administration meeting