Registered Behavior Technician Primary Location: United States\-FL\-FLTampa Function: Behavioral/Mental Health ProfessionalINSERT PARTNER BRAND DESCRIPTION HERE
Description FLORIDA MENTOR\) is seekinga Registered Behavior Technician \("RBT"\) is responsible for ensuring clients' treatment programs consistently implemented\.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below\.
- Establishes and maintains therapeutic relationship by pairing self as a reinforcing entity and building rapport with the client\.
- Follows the treatment plan goals and interventions utilizing sound judgment and seeks out appropriate consultation
- Collaborates with family and treatment team members to provide treatment effectively and without disruption to the environment or other individuals in the environment
- Educate parents/guardians on reinforcement and intervention information when requested
- Maintains professionalism and composure at all times\. Always utilizes appropriate interactional style with clients and staff\. Maintains dignity and respect for others\.
- Prompts safe and socially acceptable replacement behaviors in order to build a repertoire of communication, social interaction, and problem solving skills
- Fades prompts appropriately to promote both successful and independent responding
- Increases the frequency or duration of safe and appropriate replacement behaviors by providing access to reinforcers \(desired items/actions, attention, or removal of demands/aversive situations\)
- Reviews participant progress objectively using behavior analytic methods, identifies solutions to barriers and makes recommendations to the supervisor and behavior analyst when needed\.
- Accurately collects behavior data including: A\-B\-C, count, frequency, duration, latency, inter\-response time, event, and interval based recording as needed\.
- Reassessment as appropriate
- Ensures all clinical and residential documentation, both staff and client related is completed in a timely and accurate manner\.
- Reviews daily updates for clients such as new programs, access level changes, scheduled sessions, etc\., implements programs and trains staff on implementation\.
- Ensures proper implementation and retraining as needed by routinely communicate with staff\.
- Schedules and prepares for leisure activities to keep participants engaged and active when therapy sessions are not taking place\.
- Participates in training from clinical staff on the implementation of program updates to assure rehabilitative objectives are achieved\.
- Completes all mandatory trainings and refreshers as required
- Provides feedback and training to LST staff when needed\.
- Attend clinical meetings as assigned such as access review meetings, clinical team meetings, progress conferences, etc\.
- Responsible for providing up to date residential status of participants as well as identifying problem areas affecting the participant and following through with solutions based upon clinical team recommendations\.
- Engages in the meetings, provides input, shares observations, opinions, concerns, ideas, etc\.
- Understands and ensures adherence to company policies and procedures; also ensures compliance with relevant external regulatory statutes and standards\.
- Requires passing the RBT Competency Assessment annually, completes a renewal, receives ongoing supervision and complies with the BACB's ethics requirements relevant to RBT's\.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required\.