Licensed Vocational Nurse
Primary Location: United States-CA-CASanta Rosa
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinarypeople work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicatedto making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. Theheart of what we do is support and serves people with Intellectual andDevelopmental Disabilities of all ages. As a Licensed Vocational Nurse(LVN) with California MENTOR & Cornerstone Living Skills, you’ll beone of these extraordinary people.
Description The LVN supports individuals we serve in residential settings. We seek a passionate LVN who can provide clinical care to persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities. In this role you will utilize your LVN skills to carry out each individual’s health care plan while providing direct care with the support of a RN and Program Director.
• Provides technical assistance and training to staff to ensure the effectiveimplementation of medically related services
• Administers medications and provides documentation according to establishedguidelines
• Provides input regarding health care services to be included in eachindividual’s service plan
• Monitors and ensures physicians orders are performed as prescribed
Whatwe require of you:
• Current LVN/LPN certification in good standing with the state of California
• One year of experience working with individuals with intellectual anddevelopmental disabilities preferred
• Ability to carry out medical services to meet the on-going needs ofindividuals served
• Ability to communicate effectively with individual’s families, health careteam and leadership
• Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
What we offer you:
• On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEUopportunities
•Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
• Family-oriented, rewarding work environment, employee discounts; fun employeeevents
• Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
• Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network located in 36 states
Do you have nursing experience and are looking for a meaningful change in yourwork life? Leverage your education and skill set with California MENTOR to makean impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing teamtoday!