Behavior Specialist Primary Location: IN\-INLafayette\-HR/IN Lafayette and W Lafayette, Tippecanoe Function: Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
Master's Level Behavior Specialist
Indiana Mentor is seeking a Behavioral Specialist to serve theLafayettearea\. We offer a supportive team environment, career advancement opportunities, and a family\-oriented culture to complement our benefits package\.
About Indiana MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network:
Indiana MENTOR offers home and community\-based services to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, as well as autism spectrum disorders, mental health challenges, physical disabilities with complex medical needs and brain injury\. With program locations throughout the area, Indiana MENTOR offers a range of residential services with supports tailored to the needs of each individual as well as hourly support and respite services designed to allow each individual to be as independent as possible\.
Indiana MENTOR is seeking a Behavioral Specialist for theLafayette areato develop behavioral plans and therapeutic services to program participants\. This individual will work with supervisors in the development, implementation, maintenance and generalization of behavioral change\. The Behavioral Analyst will be responsible for consult with staff, service providers and family on treatment recommendations and progress; and participate in staff education as needed\.
- Directs program participant contact in effecting behavioral change, primarily in the area of activities of daily living, behavior management and social skills\.
- Works with supervisors in the development, implementation, maintenance, and generalization of behavioral change\. Maintains the use of least restrictive treatment guidelines in the implementation of Behavioral Techniques\.
- Provides Behavioral Therapy and Active Treatment programming in the residence job site, and within the community on an individual or group basis\. Submits weekly logs indicating objectives, strategies, and results obtained\.
- Consults with staff, insurance providers, lawyers, service providers post\-discharge, and family on treatment recommendations and progress\. Participates in family education and therapy as needed\.
- Participates in treatment planning with the trans\-disciplinary team and attends pre\-admission meetings as requested\. Serves as a member on the rehabilitation team\.
- Ensures evaluation, progress, and discharge reports on each program participant are provided in a timely manner\. Completes daily billing summaries on a timely basis\.
- Assists in coordination of behavioral programming within all living settings, community settings, and vocational sites as necessary\.
- Consults with and/or trains staff in behavioral techniques\. Oversees work and trains BIT intern and practicum students\.
- Ensures adherence to accreditation standards and ethics of confidentiality\.
- Participates in Behavioral Research Projects with the facility and Crisis Intervention System \(Beeper Team\)\.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required\.
- Generous Paid Time Off Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Training at hire and throughout employment
- One of the largest national networks of human service providers
- Opportunities for advancement both locally and nationally
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals\. Apply Today\!