Special Education Teacher LBS1 K-21
Hours: 8:00- 3:30 p.m. M-F following a school calendar
**Possible Sign-On Bonus for Certified Special Education Teachers (LBS1) Must discuss in interview**
- Position is for full-time, permanent employment.
- Accepting special-educators of all experience levels
- 10 Month position, 12 Month pay
About our School:
Menta Academy Hillside is a therapeutic day school, K-12 that meets the social-emotional needs of its students. Classroom sizes average 10 students. Like all Menta schools, Hillside’s guiding principle is “we will never give up.” Hillside has a deep commitment to developing innovative strategies for ensuring that the children in our programs are not left behind.
As a Special Education Teacher at Hillside you will:
- Teach all subjects in a special education classroom
- Teach Grades 9-12 with the flexibility to teach middle school if needed.
- Provide a differentiated learning environment
- Work collaboratively with staff, including curriculum and clinical staff to yield positive results for the students
- Personalize learning
- Provide a social-emotional learning environment
- Have a classroom size of around 10 students with Paraprofessional support in the classroom.
- Follow a PBIS Model
- Type LBS1/Special Education State of Illinois license at the elementary, middle to high school level LBS1 PK-21
- Or Secondary Education (PEL) with a desire to obtain your LBS1 Certification
- Comprehensive training, experience, and mentoring in curriculum area
- Ability to teach a self-contained classroom within all basic instructional areas
- Ability to work a regular school day and the ability to work with youth with emotional/behavioral/academic difficulties
- Ability to be flexible, work in teams and creatively problem solve
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 403(b) Savings
- Generous Paid Benefit Time-Off for Full-Time Employees
- 10 Month Position with 12 Month Pay
How to Apply: Job ID 1020 www.thementagroup.org/careers/apply Then click on the "Apply" Button to the right of Job ID 1020
O: (630) 906-7765
C: (630) 207-5296
F: (630) 907-0197
E.O.E. The Menta Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Menta Group ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. The District has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the district office.
Our accredited therapeutic day schools are in Illinois and Arizona and we are growing!