High School Special Education Teacher K-12
Menta Academy Northwest
8702 N. 2nd St. Machesney Park, IL. 61115
Established therapeutic day school: Opening a new location in Fall 2019!
Interviewing and Hiring for Teachers!
Menta Academy Northwest, the newest school of The Menta Group/Special Education Services (Est. 1973), is a therapeutic day school designed to positively impact the academic and social-emotional competencies of students referred to the program.
Believing that all children have a right to quality educational services, Menta programs maintain a no refusal, no suspension, no expulsion policy, an integrated focus on academic and social-emotional learning, and a continuum of learning and behavioral supports. Small class size, intensive clinical services, and a competently trained staff of educators combine to make this program a positive and dynamic place to learn. The emphasis is placed on teamwork and creativity to provide this positive environment for our students to excel.
As a Special Education Teacher at Menta Academy Machesney Park, you will:
- Teach all subjects in a self-contained classroom
- Provide a differentiated learning environment
- Have the freedom and ability to personalize learning
- Work collaboratively with staff, including curriculum and clinical staff to yield positive results for the students
- Empower special education students with the skills necessary for success in life!
- Provide a social-emotional learning environment
- Enjoy a classroom size of around 10 students with Paraprofessional support within the classroom.
- Valid Professional Educator License (PEL) in Special Education (LBS1)
- Or General Education PEL Grades 6-12 with willingness to get LBS1 with support from Menta
- Knowledge of Common Core Standards
- Ability to provide positive behavioral support to students in group and individual settings
- Can implement and maintain consistent and clear classroom expectations
- Willing to utilize a variety of instructional strategies to meet individual needs of all students
- Must be able to provide students with superior instruction in areas of academic curriculum and socially acceptable behaviors
- Able to employ excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively
- Can learn quickly and to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, and team focused environment
Pay and Benefits:
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Generous Paid Benefit Time-Off for Full-Time Employees
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- 10 Month work-year with year-round pay
- Permanent employment
How To Apply:
Apply for Job ID 1151 at http://menta.com/careers/apply/
Click on the "Apply" button to the right of Job ID 1151
Inquiries may be directed to Heather Bakken
O: (630) 906-7765
C: (630) 207-5296
E.O.E. The Menta Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Menta Group ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. The District has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the district office.