Special Education Teacher LBS1 K-12
**Sign On Bonus for Special Education Teachers**
Our School is located at 321 E. 84th St. Chicago IL. 60619
Hours 6:45 a.m.-2:15 pm. M-F, following a school calendar
Classroom positions open:
1 Elementary Special Education, Self-Contained (Classroom Size 10)
2 Special Education Teachers Self-Contained able to teach grades 6-12
1 Special Education Teacher High School-Young Adult Life Skills
- Position available due to increased enrollment.
- 10 Month position with 12 Month Paychecks
- This is a full-time, permanent position.
We provide a social-emotional learning environment in each of our self-contained classrooms. We strive to make our students citizenship-ready, career-ready, and college-ready. Successful candidates will be creative, energetic and eager to develop and implement innovative solutions to critical problems in education. This staff member will be working in an atmosphere where data-driven decision making and teamwork is the norm.
As a Special Education Teacher at Menta Academy South, you will:
- Teach all subjects in a self-contained classroom
- Grade Level taught will depend upon the position for which you've applied. We may need you to be flexible in grade level during the school year.
- Provide a differentiated learning environment
- Work collaboratively with staff, including curriculum and clinical staff to yield positive results for the students
- Gain support on-campus from other teachers, administrators, curriculum staff, clinical staff, and various support staff that are Menta employees.
- Have the freedom and ability to personalize learning
- Provide a social-emotional learning environment
- Have a classroom size of around 10 students with Paraprofessional support in the classroom
- Engage with students with special needs which may include; autism, LD , BD , ED , OHI
- PEL Type LBS1/Special Education in the State of Illinois or General Education Certification w/willingness to pursue LBS1
- Ability to teach a self-contained classroom within all basic instructional areas
- Ability to work a regular school day and the ability to work with youth with emotional/behavioral/academic difficulties
- Ability to be flexible, work in teams and creatively problem solve
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively
- Ability to learn quickly and to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, and team focused environment
- Employment is contingent upon a background check, employment physical and drug screen
Benefits & Pay:
- Access to Affordable Medical Dental & Vision Plans
- 403(b) Retirement
- Generous Paid Benefit Time-Off for Full-Time Employees
- 10 Month Position with 12 Month Pay
- The salary range is comparable for the position and area, depending upon certification and qualifications.
- Possible Sign-On Bonus
How To Apply:
Apply for Job ID 870: http://menta.com/careers/apply/
Inquiries may be directed to Heather Bakken
O: (630) 906-7765
C: (630) 207-9652
F: (630) 907-0197
The Menta Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Menta Group ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. The District has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the district office.