Special Education School Principal in Tempe AZ
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Principal for our non-public, therapeutic day school programs in Tempe, AZ.
The Student Empowered Learning Facility (S.E.L.F.-A) is a specialized program that provides the highest level of social/emotional support for each student while maintaining the rigor of academic standards. We envision a society in which all youth can be successful. Students Served:Grades 9-12 Disabilities: EDP, ID, Autism, TBI, OHI
- Since 1973 The Menta Group/Special Education Services has helped thousands of students who others have given up on to realize their full potential.
- We will never say no to a child and we will work together with stakeholders to improve the outcomes of all children!
- In our therapeutic day-school environment, we value collaboration, innovation, and teamwork!
- We believe in a society where all children have the right to a quality education and provide supports and professional development for our teaching staff to reach these goals.
Our Educator Culture
We are seeking like-minded individuals who have the interest and ability to deliver a high quality education in a real world environment that engages students in the learning process. Our team of administrators, teachers, and staff work collaboratively with the other members of the educational team to provide students with an education that prepares them to take their position in post secondary life.
Our Employment Culture
The Menta Group is a network of therapeutic day schools that is committed to providing all staff with ongoing professional development opportunities that will assist and support dedicated teaching staff who work with our children. In addition, we value the work-life balance necessary for our staff and teachers to thrive both professionally and personally.
- Lead the school by building high performing teams, responsibly managing work and people, and enlisting others in the school vision.
- Promote the success of students by creating an instructional program that continually strives to improve teaching and learning.
- Create and maintain a school environment that focuses on students and emphasizes high academic expectations, a personal approach, caring, discipline, and order.
- Encourage professional development, interview and select outstanding staff, and effectively supervise teachers and staff in order to improve student learning and academic achievement.
- Confer with students, parents, and staff to resolve issues and problems.
- Develop and implement innovative solutions to critical problems in education.
- Embrace data driven decision making & team work as the norm.
- Collaborate on the development of school plans and procedures for instruction, student's social/emotional needs, safety, building procedures, and other building needs.
- Professional Educator License in General Administration, Required
- Special Education Teaching Certification, Required
- Valid Standard Secondary Teaching Certificate, not required but encouraged
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Student focused and flexible in classroom instructional approach
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Team player
Benefits & Pay
- Pay is competitive with area districts and commensurate with experience.
- A variety of affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision plans available for full-time employees and any spouse/family.
- 403(b) Savings Plan
- Generous Paid-Benefit Time Off
How to apply
Apply for Job ID 1179 at www.thementagroup.org/careers/apply
Click on "Administration" and click on the "Apply" button to the right of Job ID 1179
Inquiries may be directed to Kathy Burwell email@example.com
E.O.E.The Menta Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Menta Group ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. The District has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the district office.
Special Education Services, an affiliate of The Menta Group is approved under the Arizona Board of Education as a Private Therapeutic Day school serving students with primary disabilities of Autism, MIID, MOID, ED, OHI, LD, SLD, and TBI.