Instructional Assistant Crisis/Behavior Intervention
Bachelor's Degree Level, Preferred
Southwest Education Center
520 Camino Mercado #6 Casa Grande, AZ. 85122
Staff Hours are 7:30-3:00, M-F, following a school calendar
- Full-Time Employment
- Permanent Employment
Southwest Education Center (SWEC), a Special Education Services school and an affiliate of The Menta Group®, is a K-12 therapeutic educational services program for special education students. SWEC was established to positively impact the academic and social-emotional competencies of students referred to the program. Believing that all children have a right to quality educational services, SES programs maintain a no refusal, no suspension, no expulsion policy, an integrated focus on academic and social-emotional learning, and a continuum of learning and behavioral supports.
As an Instructional Assistant, you will:
- Enforce behavioral support within a classroom environment
- Advise Administrators and appropriate staff of any behavioral concerns of students.
- Most often will work with older students high-school aged up to Age 22.
- Implement and maintain behavioral program policies and data.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service training as requested.
- Maintain classroom order, safety, and materials.
- Respond swiftly, tactfully, and appropriately to behavioral crisis
- Substitute Teach as needed
- Strongly Preferred Bachelor's Degree with the ability to obtain Substitute-Teacher Certification
- Study in Education, Criminal Justice, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work / Social Services, or any health-related field is ideal but not required
- At least 23 years of age.
- Able to work with high risk special needs students.
- Military veterans are welcomed
- Hospital, School, or other Security experience is preferred.
- Dependability in attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to respond quickly and tactfully under stress.
- Flexibility to change in routines.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Valid Driver's License w/good driving record and ability to drive school van is helpful. Opportunities to transport for additional pay before and after school may be possible.
Pay & Benefits:
- Generous Paid Benefit Time-Off for Salaried Employees
- Affordable Medical, Dental,and Vision Plans for full-time employees
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
How To Apply:
Submit Resume via Zip Recruter
The Menta Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Menta Group ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. The District has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the district office.