Life Skills Special Education Teacher Tempe AZ
1830 E Del Rio Dr, Tempe, AZ 85282
We are growing! The Menta Group/Special Education Services (Est.1973) is a well-established leader in therapeutic day school in Arizona. Menta Academy Tempe is a therapeutic day school, educating high-school and young adult students.
We provide extensive professional development to aide our teaching staff in achieving goals. Our teachers work collaboratively with the other members of the educational team to provide students with a rigorous education that prepares them to take their position in post secondary life.
- This is a permanent, full-time teaching position with benefits
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization.
- 10 month position, 12 month pay
As a Special Education Teacher at Menta, you will:
- Teach in a self-contained, small classroom environment
- Teach Life-Skills
- Use ABA
- Provide a social-emotional learning environment
- Have the backing and support of a well-trained Paraprofessional Staff
- Have the resources needed to teach students with ED/LD/BD/OHI including but not limited to; consult with curriculum coordinators, BCBA's, therapeutic and social-work staff, and administrators.
- Enjoy opportunities for upward mobility within a growing organization.
- Valid Special Education Teaching Certificate (Cross Categorical)
- Or Valid AZ Teaching Certificate with the ability and willingness to get Cross-Categorical Certification
- Valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card (Menta will assist in application)
- Preferred: a minimum of 3 years in teaching at the high-school level in special education
- Experience with working with students with a range of special education disabilities including but not limited to emotional disturbance, autism, cognitive and/or developmental disabilities.
- Ability to think outside of the box and problem solve.
- Excellent work ethic and dedication to the children and families we serve.
- Well organized, able to multi task and think beyond the classroom walls.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves with a "can-do" attitude.
Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary in-keeping with area standards.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Generous Paid Benefit Time-Off for Full-Time Employees
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- 10 Month Position with 12 Month Pay
More About Menta:
The Menta Group employs forward thinking, innovative personnel in our network of therapeutic day schools. Menta is a provider of special education programming with a proven track record for providing professionals the tools needed to provide a high quality education for children with disabilities. With over 40 years of experience in private special education, our organization has helped thousands of students who others have given up on to realize their full potential.
How To Apply:
Submit Application for Job ID 1170 at: http://menta.com/careers/apply/
Inquiries may be directed to Heather Bakken
O: (630) 906-7765
C: (630) 207-5296
F: (630) 907-0197
The Menta Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Menta Group ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. The District has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the district office.