Life Skills Instructional Assistant
High School Level
- Immediately Available
- Full-Time M-F, following a school calendar
- Permanent position
We are growing! The Menta Group/Special Education Services (Est.1973) is a well-established leader in therapeutic day school in Arizona. Menta Academy Tempe is a non-public therapeutic day school, educating high-school students. Our educational model encourages the development of academic and social-emotional skills in a positive and well-structured learning environment, with a focus on preparation for postsecondary education, employment, and citizenship.
As a Life Skills IA, you will:
- Provide behavioral and emotional support within a classroom environment
- Feeding and Toileting Assistance may be needed.
- Coach student on appropriate actions/behaviors
- Focus on life-skills necessary to be successful in life.
- Advise Administrators and appropriate staff of any behavioral concerns of students.
- Work with older students high-school aged up to Age 22.
- Implement and maintain behavioral program policies and data.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service training as requested.
- Maintain classroom order, safety, and materials.
- Respond swiftly, tactfully, and appropriately to behavioral crisis
- High school diploma or GED is required
- AZ Fingerprint Card Required (Menta can help w/application)
- Some college coursework in Education, Criminal Justice, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work / Social Services, or any health-related field is ideal but not required
- College students of the above disciplines are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in a residential setting is helpful
- Experience as a behavior technician is helpful
- Able to work with high risk special needs students.
- Residential, Hospital, or School experience is preferred.
- Dependability in attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to respond quickly and tactfully under stress.
- Flexibility to change in routines.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
- At least 23 years of age.
- Valid Driver's License w/good driving record and ability to drive school van is helpful but not required
Salary & Benefits
- Affordable Medical, Dental,and Vision Plans
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- 10 Month position with 12 Month Pay
- Salary is comparable for the position and area, depending upon certification and qualifications.
How To Apply:
Submit your resume via Zip Recruiter
Or Email to email@example.com
The Menta Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Menta Group ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. The District has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the district office.